Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Pulling the trigger.
24 November 2013, 22:27,
Pulling the trigger.
I've seen a lot of posts describing the physical side of security and self defense, but what about the psycological side. I've heard stories of trained soldiers freezing in combat and being unable to do anything. After tshtf if you were forced to defend yourself are you sure you could do it? I dont think anyone can know until put in that situation. That being said does anyone know of any research/techniquesthat would improve your chances. Just my thoughts on the matter.
24 November 2013, 22:56,
RE: Pulling the trigger.
Its quite simple , natural selection really if you fail to act or react then you will probably become extinct.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
24 November 2013, 23:00,
This is a fantastic question, one that I have been engrossing myself in, in quite a lot of detail.

The best response I currently have is a recommendation.

http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.p...7#pid75197

Please get a copy of the book and read it. I also recommend one of his other books "On Killing" Dave Grossman.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
24 November 2013, 23:07,
Seems interesting scythe, ill have to check those out, ty.
24 November 2013, 23:14,
There's no way of knowing how you will react , wether you're capable of delivering a fatal strike....proof is in the doing.
24 November 2013, 23:14,
We can all talk and say what we are going to do but few know exactly what they will really do until the time comes. After a bit of experience, if you live that long, you will know but not before. We just don't have the experience.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 November 2013, 23:21,
That was my thinking but im also wondering if theres any way to alter the way you would be able to act or if its just the way you are and thats that.
24 November 2013, 23:26,
its the same in all area's of life some people are crippled by high stress situations and just freeze to become victims and others come alive and kick into turbo response....I know I fall into the second category having lived through some scary shit.
24 November 2013, 23:34,
True, but this is a whole new kind of stress for me, would the brain and body handle it the same? And would there be a way to prepare psycologicaly to make dealing with it and the aftermath better?
24 November 2013, 23:40,
Again we are all different ptsd is a huge issue afflicting many , most right minded people wont be happy with taking life and most will aquire personal demons through it , mental problems will abound after an event.