Thursday 5th December - 06:00z

Severe Flood warnings issued particularly for North Sea Coast
and my beloved East Anglia

Batten down the hatches peoples-
http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/hom...31618.aspx
5 December 2013, 10:14,
RE: Flood
Devon is very hilly unlike places like NorfolkBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 December 2013, 10:23,
Looks like it's going to hit the coast hard, I'm at Gt Yarmouth so i hope it's not a repeat of the 1953 floods! Wellies and waterproofs at the ready!!
Be Prepared...[/b]
5 December 2013, 11:22,
Getting absolutely hammered here, hellish winds screaming down the chimney, garden stuff flying all over, street full of flying wheely bins, torrential rain and its getting colder, power supply flickering, fence panels from neighbours garden sat on oap bunglaow roof.

My effing conservatory roof is flexing and creaking like mad, worst weather I have seen for days, apparently some of the kids in NR juniors class at school got knocked off their feet by the wind.

Oh so glad I'm not in Scotland where I believe Glasgow railway station roof is coming apart.

5 December 2013, 12:04,
flood round mine isnt much of an issue, however my pollytunnel greenhouse is taking a real hammering.
Winter is coming
5 December 2013, 20:14,
Hi folks,

Been lurking, but still here. Biggest news from latitude 58 degrees N is that our Christmas tree blew over, and a couple of bridges are closed. Otherwise, no high drama. (Oh, and it's snowing).

Cheers

Tarrel
5 December 2013, 22:26,
Its also snowing here now, after a really bad time for a while,.. the wind seems to have stopped, but the snow is starting to deepen,..about a couple of inches now, though it may be gone by morning
A major part of survival is invisibility.
6 December 2013, 04:34,
(5 December 2013, 20:14)Tarrel Wrote: Hi folks,

Been lurking, but still here. Biggest news from latitude 58 degrees N is that our Christmas tree blew over, and a couple of bridges are closed. Otherwise, no high drama. (Oh, and it's snowing).

Cheers

Tarrel

Good to hear you're still here Tarrel.

Hope the storm is a non event for you
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

6 December 2013, 06:18,
(6 December 2013, 04:34)Lightspeed Wrote:

Cheers

Tarrel

Cheers LS. I was down south when it hit, so missed the worst of it. OH reports no damage to speak of though. Currently on the Sleeper from London back home. It left on time and seems to be making good progress. I get the impression the east coast has seen some of the biggest problems.
6 December 2013, 09:15,
(6 December 2013, 06:18)Tarrel Wrote:
(6 December 2013, 04:34)Lightspeed Wrote:

Cheers

Tarrel

Cheers LS. I was down south when it hit, so missed the worst of it. OH reports no damage to speak of though. Currently on the Sleeper from London back home. It left on time and seems to be making good progress. I get the impression the east coast has seen some of the biggest problems.

Hi T,

Good luck on that journey. Scotrail bulletin at 08.11 reports "Severe Disruption" on the Inverness -Wick service......

Hope you get home without too much trouble
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580