Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A bit of a Dilemma
8 January 2014, 22:39,
RE: A bit of a Dilemma
Lets hope the Govt doesn't Force Billet refugee families on surviving intact areas of the population PSHTF. LOL.TL.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
9 January 2014, 09:21,
TL modern houses aren't big enough now for the families living in them so you can forget billeting extra people, " a quart into a pint pot dosent go"!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 January 2014, 10:44,
Reading this thread made me laugh and then made me reflect.

I, too, have some totally useless relatives. They are greedy, selfish and totally ungrateful. I wouldn't want them anywhere near me come any SHTF scenario BUT the missus is so kind hearted that she would take them in without hesitation, bless her, and there lies a real dilemma.
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
9 January 2014, 12:32,
We are all in the same boat all of my family except my mother, are very selfish etc and I would not want them near me come SHTF or any event Christmas was bad enough
9 January 2014, 13:28,
There is some truth in the saying you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family!.
Failure is NOT an option
9 January 2014, 14:03, (This post was last modified: 9 January 2014, 14:06 by Timelord.)
BP. The population outside your local remote environment do not all live in modern houses.

And anyway, historically (again) even small terraced houses in Industrial areas often had larger families living in them. The bedrooms would be crammed and even hot swapping between shifts was not uncommon. Half of that modern crap inside the houses would be U/S anyway in a scenario without power, so there would be more room just like the good old days. lol.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
9 January 2014, 14:57,
TL far more people these days live in modern houses than do in the old houses, there is a lot of people who will ONLY live in a new house(I'm not one of them, the opposite in fact) and I cant see many people if any in the present generation taking in COMPLETE strangers, as for HOT BEDDING unless they are all eastern Europeans you can forget that too. don't make the mistake of mixing up the WW2 generation with NOW, the same wont apply and most people wouldn't even contemplate living like that and certainly wont stand for it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 January 2014, 19:06,
Doggone it Mary! Now I have to clean off my monitor again! Big Grin
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
9 January 2014, 20:56,
Sorry, Jonas. Your monitor is safe now - I'm done.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.