Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting rid of Mumbo Jumbo in preparation for availability long range CB radio equipm
15 January 2014, 08:42,
RE: Getting rid of Mumbo Jumbo
Beardy,

Nothing yet available as new and potentially UK compliant for under £150.

So far we do not have the final wording of the license conditions. Until we have that, any purchase will be speculative.

Antennas: My personal expectation is that the SSB allowance will be on exactly the same channel frequencies as the current CEPT channels already available on UK FM CB. Antennas are frequency dependent, not mode dependent. So if you have antennas that tune up on the existing CEPT channels, they will be good for SSB mode on those channels as well.

Looking at what's currently available, and accepting the seller's marketing bullshit, it seems likely that radios like the Midland 8001 will be compliant. By the looks of it, this is an excellent radio. But best wait for the final license conditions to avoid making an expensive mistake.

Looking at Jona's reply, I'd expect the AM allowance to be severely power restricted. I seem to remember it being proposed to be just 1w, but maybe I'm mistaken. 4w will continue though.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by Lightspeed - 10 January 2014, 12:20
RE: Getting rid of Mumbo Jumbo - by Lightspeed - 15 January 2014, 08:42
RE: Getting rid of Mumbo Jumbo - by Lightspeed - 16 January 2014, 12:02