Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Economic genocide" in the uk?
11 January 2014, 15:41,
"Economic genocide" in the uk?
My brother showed me this episode of the Keiser report, and it got me thinking...

http://www.maxkeiser.com/2014/01/kr546-k...xtinction/

This year thousands of people could lose there homes due to the housing bubble, and receive no help because public services would be next to none due to budget cuts.

My question is what would you do if you lost your house because you simply could not afford the rent/mortgage because of the imminent housing crisis?
11 January 2014, 17:57,
RE: "Economic genocide" in the uk?
Rent some place, its not the states responsibility to bail out mortgage owners, home buying in the long term is still the best way to make money, but house prices can fluctuate. The housing bubble is caused by idiots with to much money being willing to pay over the odds for a house.

The best thing the state could do to build up a fighting fund to help the truly needy is to scrap most of the current welfare payments or limit them in amount and period of eligibility. They could also stop subsidising council house rents and use that money to build more houses.

11 January 2014, 18:10,
I know very little about mortgage's these days, the ONLY house I ever owned I lost in divorce no 1 over 30 years ago. I was lucky 22 years ago I managed to get a 1 bed council flat and have been a council tenant ever since, these days they are not owned by councils any more but by housing associations and you have to "BID" for one online once you qualify to go on the list( if your single AND male forget it-you wont even get on the list but be laughed out of the office), not everyone is successful and that's why people hang on to them once they do get one.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 January 2014, 18:53,
I don't know what a small used travel trailer costs in the UK, but here in Texas, you can pick one up for about $2,500 - $5,000. I don't know if the average car in the UK can tow a small travel trailer. Here in Texas, where the pick-up truck is very common, even a small 1/4 ton model with a 6 cylinder engine can tow one. If you own a small travel trailer and a vehicle to tow it (all paid for and currently licensed), plus a friend with a little land, you'll never be "homeless".
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
11 January 2014, 19:03, (This post was last modified: 11 January 2014, 19:05 by bigpaul.)
I have some friends in the "traveller" community JP, they use small 2 berth caravans(trailers to you) towed behind any cheap vehicle they can buy, some live in "living vans"-horse boxes and large vans, and a few -very FEW- have horse drawn vehicles.

I always said that if I lost my (rented) house I would "go on the road".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 January 2014, 11:47,
Thought I'd post this to not only give you guys n gals a laugh but to also prove you don't need a massive SUV to tow a wee caravan/trailor!Tongue

[Image: caravan.jpg]

Sold the little Cheltenham Fawn in 2011 after having it for over 15 years, I do miss it. Parents did a trip across the States in our Airstream when I was a kid and have been hooked on this type of experience ever since.Cool

A little off topic, sorry 'bout that..
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
12 January 2014, 12:18,
how about one of those "teardrop" trailers? plenty on ebay, easier to tow than a caravan and you can get them into more remote locations.
12 January 2014, 12:38,
I think Perry is talking more about an entire family who lose their home and need to be seeking alternative accommodation, rather than tiny caravans to house one person.?

12 January 2014, 14:43,
Yea, because whats the use when you have all your preps ready when suddenly you find that you cant afford to keep you house/retreat and in a matter of days you louse everything.

I was thinking mabey if money was a problem, instead of a buying a small holding with a pre-bulit house potentially costing tents of thousands of pounds, couild you buy a piece of land with nothing on but with residential permission and suitable for small scale farming, then buy a mobile home.

I know it exactly "luxurious" but with modifications, it would make a ideal retreat if money was a problem and it cant be taken off you because you own it (that's if you took out a loan in the first place to buy it which kinda defeats the whole point.) And also it would dot be as eye catching to potential looters s a cottage would be.
12 January 2014, 14:58,
I don't know where you live Perry but around here land costs and arm and a leg and as for planning permission-forget it!!