Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South West Meet
21 January 2014, 12:41,
RE: South West Meet
Hey Beards - Did you get chance to find any good spots? If so do you have any idea on the walking distance to the camp location from the cars?
21 January 2014, 13:41,
flip to emails matey, taken me all morning to get the site loaded up and able to reply...
26 January 2014, 22:45, (This post was last modified: 26 January 2014, 23:11 by Scythe13.)
Back to the forum.

Well excited about this. Missing the wife's mates 30th for this. Well, I say missing, it is in London, and I'm not paying £12 for a sandwich at the place we're meant to be going to. I'd rather forage for a snack!

Anyone else able to pop in for Friday night somewhere?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 January 2014, 14:06,
Foraging for food is fine S13. As long as there is a decent cocktail bar nearby im all good Smile
27 January 2014, 14:16,
at Roadford Lake? you gotta be joking!!! I think they have a bar at Lifton Farm shop but not sure as I don't drink.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 January 2014, 14:31,
They have a bar there. You can have a carvery every sunday.

You can get a decent (if over-priced) pint at Lifton farm shop too.

Trust me, I'm a drinker Big Grin
27 January 2014, 14:50,
we can recommend the all day breakfast...you can even get fried bread(instead of toast) with it-if you ask nicely!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 January 2014, 18:50,
It's going to be cold this weekend - I've seen reports of snow flurries due - so for those that are camping make sure you've got everything you need to stay warm.

The site we've decided on is in a relatively new "forest" - this offers plenty of cover and a few clearings if you're bringing a tent, but it's not going to be any good for hammocking. We should be okay for a small fire, as long as it's well hidden. The ground is fairly wet, but I'd be hesitant about building a fire directly on the ground. If anyone has anything we can build a fire in then please bring it along.

We can check out the camping spot before setting up home, as you may find it's not ideal for a group. I did locate a couple of other spots, one in an established forest. It's coniferous though, so very, very dark in the woods proper, and I'm not sure on how safe parking there is.

Alternatively we could use my usual haunt 20 minutes down the road, plenty of safe parking, couple of locations in the wood to use and a stream for water. It's also full of rabbits and deer. I'm sure Scythe can forage a rabbit or two for an evening meal Big Grin
27 January 2014, 19:16, (This post was last modified: 27 January 2014, 19:56 by Scythe13.)
(27 January 2014, 18:50)BeardyMan Wrote: I'm sure Scythe can forage a rabbit or two for an evening meal Big Grin

How do you want them? haha

If anyone is up for coming along for the Friday night too, message on here and let me know.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 January 2014, 20:12,
(27 January 2014, 19:16)Scythe13 Wrote: How do you want them?

Snared Wink