Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epiphany leading to a radical rethink!
12 February 2014, 23:37,
RE: Epiphany leading to a radical rethink!
The UK has a lot of buildings on it. Why live under Canvas and at the mercy of the elements at all? A short period in transit under emergency conditions possibly in a worse case scenario for maybe some, but generally there is no shortage of buildings of which a fair proportion are not primarily residential.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
13 February 2014, 12:21,
Without giving too much away I work for a very large concern with a huge portfolio of land and buildings many permanently unmanned and my bol is on such a piece of land hopefully making use of some brick structures but I have no guarantee's somebody else wont get there before me.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
15 February 2014, 23:00,
personally i think your all right in one way or the other we all like familliar surroundings and home is best but there may come a time were you have to live in a caravan tent or basha for a while before you can return home or find other secure accomadation
but practice camping or a bit of rough now and again dont hurt
i would for sure love to stay home and bug in but one thing i like to think i am is flexible adapt to the situation as it happens

just my thoughts

b/d
16 February 2014, 15:13,
As most have already covered, I am bugging in, if I have to bug out to my bol that's dry and warm, if forced to live under canvas I would but for only a short time....days .
16 February 2014, 15:20,
anyone who thinks they can "run for the woods" and live like Robin Hood will be dead long before spring comes, even in the mild south west of England, what is needed is solid stone walls and a roof, dosent have to be a house, could be something industrial but canvas or a debris hut isn't going to last long.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.