Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Cacheing Kit.
14 February 2014, 22:57,
RE: Cacheing Kit.
(14 February 2014, 22:51)uks Wrote: Sinking caches in water remember fishermen catch everything but fish lol

I was thinking more like abandoned, stagnant water sources. Unlikely anyone will be looking at them. Be careful of local dredging though.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
14 February 2014, 23:31,
Bloody missed that bugger S .......downpipe? What a great idea....NR is a bafty crastard.
15 February 2014, 10:16,
Admittedly, it is unlikely house to house searches would take place, but having now thought of it, it's not just our stores that need a safe home. There's not a lot of point in making sure your stores are invisible, if you have a stonking great preserving pan and a million jars, or stoves fuel and heaters on display. I'm thinking even a cursory glance by anyone could give them pause for thought.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
15 February 2014, 12:38,
Exactly my thoughts TOF.

If you go into the kitchen and remove the vertical panel (called a kick panel..thank you BeardyMan) between the cupboard door the kitchen floor, you'll find a space the perfect size, for storing tins upright! How awesome is that? Very hidden, and if you have a lot of kitchen cupboards, that's a lot of storage space.
15 February 2014, 13:16,
I put a new kitchen in before Christmas not only have you got the space between the cabinet and floor covered up by a plinth. But also there is the gape between the back of the hard board backing to cabinet and the wall.
Failure is NOT an option
15 February 2014, 16:31,
Another great place to conceal your preps is under the bath, just remove the front bath panel and you have loads of space under and around the bath!
15 February 2014, 17:39,
(15 February 2014, 16:31)Devonian Wrote: Another great place to conceal your preps is under the bath, just remove the front bath panel and you have loads of space under and around the bath!

I remember BM telling me about that too. But we were living in a flat back then and only had a shower, no bath. Now that we're better established...good reminder mate.
15 February 2014, 19:21,
As is usual, this thread has gone completely off the rails!

It was never about food stores and weapons, it was about all the other gear we keep that labels us as "different".

Pray tell how does one hide a pressure canner and 12 dozen Mason jars under the bathtub?

Or a couple of propane heaters and 5 twenty pound tanks?

And be advised that behind the cabinets and under the kick plates are the first places TPTB are trained to search. They also routinely knock holes in the dry wall to check stud cavities and remove light switch plates to check for strings attached to stashes. If looking for weapons a metal detector is normally used to sweep floor, walls and ceiling.

And if TPTB know where to search it is because they learned it from the thugs, so they know where to look too.
15 February 2014, 19:26,
I think we have already decided that home searches are complete BS.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 February 2014, 19:52,
What are you talking about BP, your nation has a history of food control through rationing, controlled agriculture and prosecution for hoarding with civil and military authorities doing the work and the public gladly reporting violators.

They probably would not be doing massive house to house sweeps, just searches of selected targets.

Probable cause for a search could be the fact that you are not skinny enough!

Then there are all those neighbors you are terrified of, who would not be concerned with a warrant.