Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayfarer Self Heating Meal Kit - Review
20 February 2014, 11:05,
Wayfarer Self Heating Meal Kit - Review
Had one of these in my bag for around 5 months and decided to use it last night.

Packet contains 300g Meal and Self Heating Bag. This was a Beef srew and Dumplings.

Put the packet into the self heating bag and add water up to the mark
Leave for 19 minutes or so.

Opened it up - reasonable warm still. Very little beef. dumplings were hard. Tasted like crap. Fed it to the dog.

If this is prepper life, I think I'll take an overdose.

Not Recommended
20 February 2014, 11:19,
RE: Wayfarer Self Heating Meal Kit - Review
now yes they taste like crap ,but when ,if your cold and not eaten for 2 or 3 days they will taste like it was made for the gods
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
20 February 2014, 11:53, (This post was last modified: 20 February 2014, 12:00 by bigpaul.)
its camping food, its ok for a few days maybe a week, but I wouldn't want to live on it indefinitely, that's not the point of prepping or survivalism. I've got a weeks supply of it in my BOB but its only for using whilst we are enroute to the BOL as its light enough to carry, I don't intend LIVING on it once we get settled at our BOL.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 February 2014, 18:34,
Yeah most of that stuff tastes like crap but as barney says when its more about hunger than taste you'll love em....just breaks my heart that there so dear.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!