Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Destressing for preps
21 February 2014, 15:22, (This post was last modified: 21 February 2014, 15:24 by bigpaul.)
RE: Destressing for preps
I meant a TRADE, something like blacksmithing or a farrier, something USEFUL after TSHTF, something with a skill, something hands on, we wont need office workers.

(something where you actually get your hands dirty)
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 February 2014, 15:34,
Optimisation can be used in many ways BP, not just an office environment.

We may not need office workers; we probably wont need old people either...

We'll need people of able body and mind.

Just because I work in an office now doesn't mean I have no aptitude or ability to do anything else...
21 February 2014, 15:38, (This post was last modified: 21 February 2014, 15:40 by bigpaul.)
oh never mind..forget it.

"optimisation" I don't do foreign languages, is that like saying a pest controller is a rodent operative?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 February 2014, 15:43,
It's definitely the Queens English...

No, it's about making things better, more streamlined, more efficient. And in a PSHTF world, it's going to be all about efficiency Smile
21 February 2014, 15:46, (This post was last modified: 21 February 2014, 15:58 by bigpaul.)
we'll need people to actually do something, not just talk about it, bodies on the ground will be the thing, if we haven't got the people to do the manual labour, you can forget ideas men, nothing will be done.....period

like I said we will need people with a trade, a skill.

(AND I've worked in an office too- amongst other things)

don't discount old people either.....they have something-its called knowledge.
21 February 2014, 16:05,
(21 February 2014, 15:46)bigpaul Wrote: we'll need people to actually do something, not just talk about it, bodies on the ground will be the thing, if we haven't got the people to do the manual labour, you can forget ideas men, nothing will be done.....period

like I said we will need people with a trade, a skill.

(AND I've worked in an office too- amongst other things)

don't discount old people either.....they have something-its called knowledge.

Not at all. You need people with the know how to get things done in the most efficient manor. You're not proposing I should listen to some city dweller are you? We know they have no useful knowledge what-so-ever and they'll all be dead within 20 second of an event......

I'm more than happy to get stuck in myself - especially if I've come up with the solution or process. But this where the young, fit, able bodied people will come in useful, I can delegate the dirty work to them whilst I enjoy the company of my hareem of buxom young wenches.

Yup, old people have knowledge, but it's a damn site easier for me to stockpile books than it is old people. Books need a lot less care and attention, and I can keep those in a cupboard without the authorities becoming involved...
21 February 2014, 16:05, (This post was last modified: 21 February 2014, 16:14 by bigpaul.)
I just thought you might want to think about getting an alternative skill under your belt, other than the one you are using now, something that could give you both a way of earning money now if the bottom ever went out of the IT market(or heavens above-they didn't renew your contract say) and also after TSHTF. but just forget it, what does it matter, none of my business, i was just thinking out loud.

I really must stop this awful habit of worrying about other people!Big Grin i mean, its not like i can do anything about it anyway.
21 February 2014, 16:14,
(21 February 2014, 15:12)BeardyMan Wrote: Luckily (for me) I have a wide and varied skill set.
21 February 2014, 16:18,
yep, me too.
21 February 2014, 16:49,
Walking soaking in the bath, and deffinately NOT driving de stresses me !