Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking a break from prepping / Mental Reboot
4 March 2014, 12:36,
RE: Taking a break from prepping / Mental Reboot
When I say taking a break from prepping, I'm not walking away from preparedness. I still carry my edc, and I still monitor the news and current affairs/geopolitics from a variety of mainstream and non mainstream sources.

What I mean is, I think It's long overdue for me to take my prepping hat off, and just critically evaluate my preps so far from a neutral position. I'm not sure of the exact, correct terminology, but I think that my prepping has been a source of discord in my life. By this I mean preparedness and my day to day life have not meshed perfectly.

For several years I've immersed myself in prepping without much critical evaluation. Much of the media, books and guides to preparedness is directed at adult, american men, with a source of income and a place of their own, and how to change their current position to suit preparedess. My attempts to follow this roadmap have been frustrated by my current position; I have been striving to achieve this state of preparedness without thinking if this is wise or even possible for me at this time. I need to criticially evaulate what I can actually achieve now, until I have a place of my own that I can control. Right now I am severely limited by my families skepticism of preparedness.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taking a break from prepping / Mental Reboot - by Tibbs735 - 4 March 2014, 12:36