Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
as one door closes another opens ( Dog Trailers)
26 January 2014, 20:22,
as one door closes another opens ( Dog Trailers)
I was gutted when I could not afford the £80 rail fare to Derby yesterday to meet some folks and visit their eco home, they only open it up to visitors on rare occasions so I was feeling a bit fed up, but lo and behold as one door closes another opens.

I heard about a couple who built a small cargo trailer that can be hauled by dogs for some distant relatives of mine, I got an E mail from my relatives today saying I can go and visit this trailer building couple in Hawick area hopefully later in spring. The drive to Hawick is not that far and can easily be driven in a day so looks like I will get a day away from Castle NR at last.

I've no idea what the trailers look like I can only find a US company advertising dog hauled trailers but the potential must be great, A large mutt or small pony to haul cargo is something BP and I have discussed at length for logistics after TSHTF. Around here the Gypsy community have loads of small horseys and poneys and they will usually sell em for pennies, they also have trailers for them but they are all ultra lightweight two person jobs with thin delicate whhels and no cargo space ( dunno what they are called)

But I can see sense in the attitude held by Big Paul and by Preserve Freak about using bicycles and critters to haul cargo.

linky to US company
http://www.tonystrailers.com/dog/

26 January 2014, 23:23,
RE: as one door closes another opens ( Dog Trailers)
Take some pics NR I would love to have a look at that. ........must get me a new dawg to.
27 January 2014, 10:09,
RE: as one door closes another opens ( Dog Trailers)
saw an interesting trailer a few days ago, just a simple wooden trailer on a single axle being towed by an ordinary looking bicycle, but it would have held a lot of stuff.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.