Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The risk from Just In Time business models
16 March 2014, 09:46,
RE: The risk from Just In Time business models
So, we have the JIT grid. We have the Utilities grid as well. We have the Economic Slavery grid also. Then there is the WWW grid..... could go on, but that's enough.
It's all about Business and the result of that activity is Profit for someone, or a group.
With Business there comes Efficiency and JIT is, indeed, a product of that requirement.
We can get too focussed on other people's requirements and therefore at some point in our lives we need to be able to stand back from all of this scurrying around feeding grids etc. and reflect on 'what is going on' and 'do I need to be as greatly involved with all of this as I currently am'?
At that point you make a choice, and, hopefully, act upon it.
In many ways, in my late teens/early twenties I did that. In todays parlance I became a Survivor but not a Prepper. I have always 'done my own thing' and been slightly independent. If that means that the resultant insulation that my family and I have with regard to the 'unknown event' gives me a slight edge or advantage then so be it. Everyone has the choice to do or not to do. This is why I like this site and its forum - I feel a certain feeling that I am unable to put into words that generally it is most useful/beneficial to those of a like mind.
JIT is all well and good if everything is nice and cosy and running smoothly. When it is not then the brown stuff hits the whirling blades and we have a problem. Anticipate a problem and act upon it - that is what we need to do.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The risk from Just In Time business models - by iaaems - 16 March 2014, 09:46