Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caring for elderly relatives in an economic collapse
13 March 2014, 12:57,
RE: Caring for elderly relatives in an economic collapse
In the olden days we used to look after our parents. Some countries still do that with several generations under one roof. In the Uk we are so tied up in our own requirements that we no longer do that. Sending them into a home seems to be the British way.

Well, I've planned for my parents moving in. They may be getting on a bit but they will contribute what they can.

My parents think I am crazy for keeping chickens and the changes I have made to my lifestyle, and they don't really know all of what I do. They think a collapse is coming but think it will be after they pop off.

They don't live too far away, in a small community of older people in a cul de sac and it can be walked, even by my parents, in 20 minutes I'm confident that they will be OK at the start of an event where I can arrange for them to get here if necessary by radio. A PMR works fine over the distance we are talking about.

The only issue I have is they will then start nagging me about my choices. No change there then.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Caring for elderly relatives in an economic collapse - by Skean Dhude - 13 March 2014, 12:57