Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behavior of the "Golden Horde" in the UK
13 March 2014, 11:57,
Behavior of the "Golden Horde" in the UK
How do you see the actions/movement of the 99.9% of unprepared people playing out in the first 90 days of a total grid down collapse?

I ask because whilst many US prepping voices hold to the notion that massive hordes of people with move away from the cities, heading to the countryside in an attempt to survive in competition with the rural population with only a residual population remaining in the cities, some people have said on this site (I cannot remember who, NR I think) that a lot of British people will remain in the cities until they expire, or it is too late/impossible for them to move very far.

I personally think people will be thinking in a radius around their home and street, and will stay hidden, or move out to loot/forage their local area, anticipating a return to order. I also think that individual families and groups will attempt to get out of the cities to perceived safe areas, either government controlled or a rural community they will attempt to join or exploit for supplies, rather than just just roaming out into the countryside like locusts.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
13 March 2014, 12:09,
RE: Behavior of the "Golden Horde" in the UK
I have no idea but it would be best for any prepper to hide. Millions of starving people fighting. It will be insane and scary if your in the middle of it.

Unlike America there isn't much space here for people to go.
Proberbly best off on a boat with surplies for a whole but not many could do that
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

13 March 2014, 12:25,
My thoughts are most will sit tight waiting to be saved until there really are no resources left , all the ready wood gone watersources depleted or contaminated then those still able will range out further looking for food/fuel and water.....some will move out the cities early on but I'm guessing thousands and not hundreds of thousands.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
13 March 2014, 14:52,
not even that many, most and I mean about 99.999% will sit tight and wait for the govt to save them, they will leave it too late before they realise no help is coming, there will be looting, arson and violence in the cities when they realise no more deliveries are coming but leave the city? heavens-where will they get their "coffee to go"?? and where would they go anyway? they don't know-they haven't got a clue!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 March 2014, 15:12,
That is my belief as well. I've met several teenagers that don't like going outside of town because of the lack of lighting and they are unsure what will happen to them in the dark.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
13 March 2014, 15:24,
I know of people personally who moved to the countryside and complain " I cant live here, there are no street lights"(and no pavements either!!!Big Grin they usually last about 6 months then they are off back to live in the city again.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 March 2014, 15:28, (This post was last modified: 13 March 2014, 16:03 by Midnitemo.)
tens of thousands in a country of well over 60 million is 99.99%

that stay behind

A proportion of people will flee danger its a fact of life , some stand and fight and some run away it's programmed in us....refugee's just go they don't care where just so long as its perceived to be safer than where they were....planning doesn't always come into it when they are panicking.

We all have Bobs packed ready for if our situation becomes untenable...well what makes you think Mr&mrs Smith and there three little darlings won't bug out when the house at the bottom of the cul de sac gets fired and that nice girl from no6 is found dead raped and mutilated on the kiddies playground....the difference is we've planned our exit and kitted ourselves with the best most suitable equipment we can afford.....they will throw a few choice bits in there pull along suitcase and be off who knows where just so long as its away from this strife all around them.
13 March 2014, 16:14,
British people are not programmed to be refugee's, they don't know what to do or where to go, if they try it they will die in their thousands by the roadside. unless their house is flooded or burnt down why would they leave?? no I'm sorry people will not leave, its not in their nature.
13 March 2014, 17:19, (This post was last modified: 13 March 2014, 17:28 by Midnitemo.)
It is its human nature....France hadn't seen refugees streaming aimlessly across the country for hundreds of years up until 1940....running away from danger is deep in our psyche its what a fair proportion of humans will do when confronted with danger....it just doesn't fit with your tidy plans so you're ignoring the possibility.

I believe you're right most people wont leave but I also believe some will 10,000 out of 65million isn't much but that's just a token guess on my part.....some will leave definitely...even if its just part of the prepper element(how many preppers in the UK?)
13 March 2014, 17:34,
France is France and it WAS WW2! I'm just saying it is not in the MODERN Brit psyche to be a refugee....especially if they've got a mortgage!