Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
windmill's of your mind!
16 March 2014, 12:55,
RE: windmill's of your mind!
Live how you want to live as a family but put aside a percentage of your spare cash every time you have some. No point dying of starvation with two years worth of food put away for an event. Everyday living brings events.

Some people spend several K per year on holidays, a new car, new clothes, the latest gadgets. I don't. I buy a car as needed. I'll holiday locally, partly because I don't see the point in lazing around for two weeks, I buy clothes as needed and as part of my preps and I don't buy the latest gadgets. Wait a few months and they come down a lot but if something is really important then I'll buy it.

I am lucky in as much as I have a reasonable amount of spare money every month after my essentials. I am unlucky in that I don't have much time. So I pay people to do things that I can't do because of time. Most people are the other way around so build your own preps, buy food when it is cheap and dehydrate it and add to your preps. There are many ways to do things.

Don't however forget to live now for something that may never happen. That would be the ultimate waste.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 March 2014, 20:34,
RE: windmill's of your mind!
All my life i've either been cash rich and time poor or time rich and cash poor...never got it spot on...i still yearn to splash out right now on a few bits now but am resisting in favour of not borrowing to do it.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!