Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture
25 March 2014, 14:16,
RE: Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture
according to some quick research I have just done, a dirty bomb does not have the explosive capacity of a nuclear bomb, and at most will encompass anything from a city block to several square miles, so we are not talking e.g. the whole of London, but most like a square mile around the financial district, question: how many people actually LIVE in the financial district?(rather than those commuting in from outside). as for motorways in Devon, the M5 stops at Exeter(I have said this before), me myself am 30 miles from that end of the motorway, Plymouth is 42 miles from it and Cornish towns even further, there are only 2 Cities in Devon and they are very small compared to others, anyone coming to those cities expecting to find food and water will find all the stores empty long before they get there.as Devonian says there is also Dartmoor and Exmoor to either cross or detour around, this would have the effect of dispersing the incomers even further. how many of these people actually know where they are going? or are they just wandering about looking for someone to take them in? some hope!! most of Devon is peppered by small lanes, some virtual farm tracks, we don't have the major road systems of the South East and elsewhere, and the ones we do have tend to go south and north not east or west, you have the A38 to the coast, the A30 down into cornwall and the A361 North Devon link road, with deep devon lanes filling up the area in between.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture - by bigpaul - 25 March 2014, 14:16