Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B and C attack threats for connurbations
26 March 2014, 09:44, (This post was last modified: 26 March 2014, 10:14 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: B and C attack threats for connurbations
LL Yup I agree 100% with your comments, little we can do except sensible preps such as respirators, decontamination kit etc, I believe our best defence is to absolutely minimise your possible exposure to BC attack by the uual means
1 Don't live in cities ( many folks have no choice in this but they DO in number 2 & 3 & 4)
2 Avoid the bigger targets like shopping malls, cinemas, theatres, large public events etc
3 Do as much of your every day normal shopping ONLINE, most shops and businesses have home delivery services, Flea bay,Amazon etc
4 Avoid like the plague using public transport on an every day basis, drive, cycle, walk, taxi, avoid buses and never go underground if possible. I do fully appreciate you will at times NEED to fly but explore at least using the train instead ( reduced risk)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LS
Reiterating what you posted previously: This is where a suicide minded terrorist intentionally infects themselves with a deadly disease ( Smallpox for example) and once they know they have reached the contagious state purposely travel far and wide making close contacts with as many people as possible.
Over 1000 suicide bombings last year, there is plenty of willing people ready to die for their cause and the thought of them being possibly able to terrorise and entire city instead of one small area must be appealing. NOTE Saddam Hussiain and Syrias Assad have not hesitated to use chemical munitions, I reckon they would use bio weapons as well cos not long after an attack the evidence degrades to nothing.

LS wrote
But just how infectious are such diseases, I wonder? How plausible is such a scenario?

NR
Spanish flu !!!
Bird Flu H1N1 !!!!
Cholera and Typhus are very nasty
Get a job in a diner, station, air port, college, cinema, shopping mall !!!!!!!!

Look at it this way, decades ago there was far more good reasons to live in cities, jobs, access to services, on the doorstep shopping, ready available entertainment, excitement, culture etc.

Speaking for myself and my family and my family alone, those benefits are now massively offset by the negatives
Much higher crime rates
Gangs
Terrorism
Extremism
Race issues
White Flight
Grossly expensive leisure and dining
Over priced homes
Failing public services
Poor policing
Air pollution
Poor quality water
Abysmal schools
No decent green areas
Every loon and nutjob is attracted to the bright lights
Over crowded
Crawling traffic and gridlock
AND
Lots of recent arrivals who are utterly hostile to the British people.

Yes folks I equally know and understand there are also lots of short coming living way out of town,
More expensive food and fuel
less resources
have to travel for services
less job opportunities.

But I feel that urban areas ATTRACT those with wicked intent, its much easier terrorist targeting. The chances of NBC attacks on rural areas is much lower. I also feel ( speaking personally) the world is getting more dangerous and more extreme as natural resources are depleted, populations rise and drive MILLIONS of migrants towards Europe and the US. Cities are for me getting ever more unsafe ( 14 kids stabbed to death last year in London, thousands others wounded) The police say over 250 gangs now operate in London, drive by shootings, gang rape, muggings, stabbings are endemic, but more importantly as each week goes by a few thousand more often impoverished migrants arrive and SOME must be moles coming here to commit harm. So imagine if they can get at the cities water supplies or a big malls air conditioning, or get a job clicking tickets on a station or teaching in a college or working in a hospital canteen.

Urban prepping is NOT a no hoper its just their skills in the city must be better attuned and sharper, with slightly different scenarios to contend with, Its not for me, but for others its HOME and we need to help them mitigate the risks they face. I think an NBC attack is definitely something they must consider even if its just a guy with flu working in the local take away spitting or blowing infected snot onto your kebab.

Messages In This Thread
RE: B and C attack threats for connurbations - by NorthernRaider - 26 March 2014, 09:44