Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CCTV Guru Thanks
26 March 2014, 11:52,
CCTV Guru Thanks
For anyone looking at installing a CCTV monitoring system as part of their preps, I thoroughly recommend talking to NIX, the SUK resident CCTV guru.

His business is home security. His knowledge of systems and his installation skills are outstanding.

Thanks NIX, great job.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

26 March 2014, 11:58,
RE: CCTV Guru Thanks
That's good to know, I hope NIX has a linky in the signature bit at the bottom of his posts.

26 March 2014, 12:38,
I wasn't aware Nix had this expertise, but I've recently installed the HomeMonitor CCTV System in both my offices and also at Home

http://www.homemonitor.me/

Very easy to install/use/expand and has the benefit of off site (cloud based) recording, though its obviously no use (at all) when the Grid goes down.

However from an everyday security point of view it always concerned me having a CCTV system with the recorder being located inside the property, as surely any clued up thief would just take the recorder!

Also got a free upgrade to the HD versions for the outdoor cameras as well.
26 March 2014, 13:04,
Dev,

same here. Idea is to be able, in the here and now, to remote monitor our remote house (BOL) from the comfort of my office.

The system pays for itself very rapidly in reduced vehicle fuel consumption due to less physical inspection visits being made.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

26 March 2014, 13:49,
Chap three doors from me is a courier and often has to keep important legal docs in his house overnight, so he has a digital CCTV system with IR night time capability, the digi recorder is secured in a safe under his floor.

26 March 2014, 14:24,
(26 March 2014, 13:49)NorthernRaider Wrote: Chap three doors from me is a courier and often has to keep important legal docs in his house overnight, so he has a digital CCTV system with IR night time capability, the digi recorder is secured in a safe under his floor.

Yes that was the alternative, but involves a lot more setup and is not as user friendly for reviewing recordings etc, but until recently it was the only 'secure' option.

With the new cloud based systems, the recordings are secure off site and you can view both recordings and real time footage at anytime via an app on your mobile/tablet or desktop/laptop PC.

Great for me, because like LS I can check the office when at home, and home when I'm in the office, and both whilst I'm out and about.

The night vision is also great and they have microphones for audio recording, though the audio is not the best quality, especially if the wind is blowing (even gently!).
26 March 2014, 14:33,
Many thanks, Lightspeed, glad to be of service! Smile
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
26 March 2014, 15:39,
Good service should never go un noticed Nix.

I really appreciate your help with this.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

26 March 2014, 22:39,
Good to know ....got that coming up on my list ,thanks LS nix is the man
27 March 2014, 19:37,
Nix < RS

It was suggested by SD that you might point to a lower powered/low cost CCTV equipment for River Song - gotta be blond proof