Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you are wondering how big RATS will get after TSHTF
26 March 2014, 22:32, (This post was last modified: 26 March 2014, 22:32 by NorthernRaider.)
If you are wondering how big RATS will get after TSHTF
Imagine a societal or economic collapse where councils stopped collecting rubbish and perhaps the disasters victims went unburied, think about how big rodents may get AFTER TSHTF

Look at this set of photos, and take note that when the powerful RAT TRAP slammed across the rats neck it just annoyed the rat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...tchen.html

Actually the rat has more than a passing resemblance to Ed Milliband.

26 March 2014, 22:37,
RE: If you are wondering how big RATS will get after TSHTF
well that will be in my dreams tonight! I think it will take more than a little poison to take one of those down. It'd be well worth putting down traps, poison and rodent tape after an event around food stores and kitchen walls
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
26 March 2014, 22:46,
Part of the problem according to Rentokill is many rats are now immune to most of the commonly used poisons.

27 March 2014, 03:31,
In Bill Maulden's WW2 book, Up Front, a favorite cartoon of my father's depicted the scruffy Corporal Willie, nervously holding a .45 on his chest, aimed at a huge, nasty rat perched between his thighs, while he was lying in his sleeping bag. His buddy, Joe, cigarette dangling from his mouth, is illuminating the scene with his GI hand held torch in their pup tent, admonishing his bunkie, "Ya gotta aim between the eyes, Willie, those Facist, Eye-Tie rats CHARGE when they're wounded!"

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
27 March 2014, 10:06,
my first thought was : there is a hell of a lot of meat on that rat!!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 March 2014, 10:15,
Urghh and YUK, but I suppose all that meat from it and its brethren could be used to feed the dole scroungers, its a pity to se it go to waste. Ratatouille ?

27 March 2014, 10:20,
if it comes down to it we'll eat it and like it, I suppose we could use it to bait traps if someone is that squeamish.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 March 2014, 13:49,
i've seen some big rats in my time but thats a monster...my grandad and my mother claim to have killed them as big as cats in his unnoficial role as the village ratcatcher during and just after the war(was exempted from call up as a steelworker),my mother was his assistant she was chief despatcher with the shovel.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
27 March 2014, 22:08,
I am shooting rats at least once every 2 weeks. There are some damn big beasties out there, but this one is on another level!

It's times like this a big ol' bunny smasher air rifle will be required. God bless the .22 air rifles and the 22lr.....and the 12 gauge haha.

As BP said, there's a hell of a lot of meat on that.

Providing it's not been around poison, it'll be good eating.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 March 2014, 06:57,
Hi can anyone put my mind at rest, will a BSA ultra in .22 off the shelf at max power put one of those things down ? Thanks ??