Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHECK you METAL JERRY CANS now
27 March 2014, 15:47,
RE: CHECK you METAL JERRY CANS now
Diesel engines can also be run on biodiesel, from stuff like recycled and filtered chip fat / cooking oil etc; although I hear that its best used as a mixture rather than straight and don't use it in winter.
27 March 2014, 15:55,
(27 March 2014, 15:47)Jace Wrote: Diesel engines can also be run on biodiesel, from stuff like recycled and filtered chip fat / cooking oil etc; although I hear that its best used as a mixture rather than straight and don't use it in winter.

Yes I know of a few guys who regularly run their land rovers on old chip fat.

Not something I would choose to do (at the moment!) ...........
27 March 2014, 15:56,
I can think the problem in that may be in the filtering process, also people may be driving around using up their precious diesel to get used cooking fat etc to recycle to make more, we have a saying round here " spend a shilling to save sixpence!"Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 March 2014, 16:48,
You also tend to smell like a fish and chip shop and leave a big cloud behind you wherever you go.

With the filtering, they have that sussed and in winter they add a bit of petrol to thin it, but I'm sure its not good for the engine in the long term.

They also use old engine oil.
27 March 2014, 17:23,
Thanks for the H U NR going to put wood under mine!