Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 What are your plans
28 December 2011, 15:51,
2012 What are your plans
2012 I am going to focus on the projects I started or have on my mind but never got round to doing them, so 2012 I am going to keep it simple.

1: Chickens a 2011 stopped project, I had too much going on. (This week bought a new coop and started rebuild new run in garden)

2: Improve my rain farm.

3: Upgrade solar. (Just before Xmas bought 3 more panels and a 30amp regulator)

4: learn by trial and error smoking and curing/drying meat and making long term store type meats like Pemmican.

5: Going to design and build my group shtf portable toilet.

6: Build a group water filter.

7: I think it is time to give myself a break from prepping other than the tasks above I no longer want to learn new things until I have better skill in the things I already know.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
28 December 2011, 16:00,
RE: 2012 What are your plans
W&C,

Consolidating is good. Gives you a chance to consider and think ahead. Sounds like a good plan you have there.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 December 2011, 20:28,
(28 December 2011, 15:51)WetandCold Wrote: 2012 I am going to focus on the projects I started or have on my mind but never got round to doing them, so 2012 I am going to keep it simple.

1: Chickens a 2011 stopped project, I had too much going on. (This week bought a new coop and started rebuild new run in garden)

2: Improve my rain farm.

3: Upgrade solar. (Just before Xmas bought 3 more panels and a 30amp regulator)

4: learn by trial and error smoking and curing/drying meat and making long term store type meats like Pemmican.

5: Going to design and build my group shtf portable toilet.

6: Build a group water filter.

7: I think it is time to give myself a break from prepping other than the tasks above I no longer want to learn new things until I have better skill in the things I already know.
I agree time for a break, got loads to read and do, not long bought a folding toilet , quite sturdy for £11.99 Smile
3 January 2012, 23:03,
Stay alive?

Big Grin

Seriously, sort my house out...Clear out junk, sort out my useful stuff and get fit (the classic one!)
4 January 2012, 14:43,
(3 January 2012, 23:03)Bald Carl Wrote: Stay alive?

Big Grin

yeah, me too, i reckon we havent seen the last of the riots yet! i think 2012 COULD be the year it all kicks off.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 January 2012, 14:59,
Staying alive works for me guys Big Grin but I was hoping to get some ideas as to what maybe some might be doing regard’s prepping.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
4 January 2012, 15:14,
Hope to replace the Transit with a T5 or smaller van. Get a PV panel for charging 12VDC, 9, 6, 3 etc, Reccy out some abandoned allotments, one of my caches is going to need relocating I think. Get another crossbow, meet BP at the WG again, update my archive (hah) do some courses. watch society unravel even further, my news years resolution is to stop trying to persuade city dwellers to move as its proven to be a waste of time. I have got to learn how to use a chain saw, possibly get some pygmy goats cos chooks are to noisy for this street, maybe get that suzuki van van 125 if wife will let me.

4 January 2012, 15:27,
NR. Just curious. Can you get milk from pygmy goats that is drinkable? ( this is a serious question)
If you can, how small does the milking stool and bucket have to be?? (this was my attempt at humour)

There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

4 January 2012, 15:41,
(4 January 2012, 15:27)Reality Jones Wrote: (A) NR. Just curious. Can you get milk from pygmy goats that is drinkable? ( this is a serious question)
(B) If you can, how small does the milking stool and bucket have to be?? (this was my attempt at humour)

(A) TBH no idea yet, I only saw an article on place in the country and the potential home buyer had got pygmy goats instead of chooks cos of the noise and she was making goats cheese, so I assume the goats produced sufficient milk??, I've not yet learned any more, i'm still at the badgering my wife about it stage.
(B) Shorter than a daschund on heat i guess.

4 January 2012, 16:55,
I'd guess that the goats would need a lot more food than the chooks,it's a difficult choice to make.

As an answer to the original question, last year I managed to set up a couple of water butts in the back garden and start to expand my veg' patch into more of the surrounding plants so that my whole garden this year should be a mix of edible/medicinal plants with the veg planted within it.

I need to practise my trapping skills this year and practise more with my bow.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.