Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NR and CATS
27 March 2014, 14:28, (This post was last modified: 27 March 2014, 14:30 by NorthernRaider.)
NR and CATS
Most of you will know of my aversion to those filthy verminous none native predators that are domestic cats, that kill millions of native birds and mammals for pleasure each year when not crapping in other peoples gardens.

Well here is another good reason why preppers should keep those disgusting creatures at bay.

http://news.sky.com/story/1232837/tb-hum...estic-cats

Yes folks keep a cat in your home or retreat during the locked down hunkered down period of the societal collapse and enjoy the benefits of feline company, not just cat shit but TB as well.

27 March 2014, 14:32, (This post was last modified: 27 March 2014, 14:49 by bigpaul.)
RE: NR and CATS
I believe most cats (and quite a few dogs) will go feral post SHTF, I don't mind cats that much, got a couple round here who are real characters, but I DO prefer dogs.

"mortgages and eating cats(and other things) after the economic collapse": http://www.themodernsurvivalist.com/archives/3302
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 March 2014, 15:42,
Living in Asia, we get to eat a variety of strange foods, dog being one of the popular ones where I am in winter (supposedly dog meat warms the blood). It may sound gross or inhuman to eat Rover, but when the time comes, I reckon plenty of worse things will end up on the table (rat etc).
27 March 2014, 15:53,
I have always thought the British very strange in their eating habits, they'll eat a curry so hot they cant even taste whats in it(could be dog or cat for all they know) but they scream at the idea of eating horses!, very strange.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 March 2014, 16:06,
I remember watching a TV show about London a few years back with a couple of middle-aged Chinese relatives of the wife, who couldn't understand why people weren't grabbing the pigeons in Trafalgar Square and taking them home for the pot!
27 March 2014, 16:11, (This post was last modified: 27 March 2014, 16:12 by bigpaul.)
the pigeons in London-and any other city for that matter- are FERAL pigeons and are nothing more than flying rats with feathers, full of disease and gawd knows what else, if you wanna eat pigeon you need WOOD pigeon(not the same thing).

I suppose if you were starving post SHTF you'd take the chance, but no need in good times, there is plenty of cheap food about.
27 March 2014, 17:21,
Although I agree many will go back wild, that is those that survive, keeping a few as pets Post SHTF can have advantages in keeping other vermin, like rats and mice down.

Don't forget Post SHTF will be whole new ball game.
27 March 2014, 17:38,
(27 March 2014, 17:21)John Wrote: Don't forget Post SHTF will be whole new ball game.

you can say that again!!
27 March 2014, 18:23,
More on the issue from the DM, set aside my dislike this is an issue we now need to consider when contemplating hunkering down with pets in the same rooms as us, TB from moggies, Psittacosis from birdies, Porphyromonas gulae, Tannerella forsythia, and Campylobacter rectus “were frequently found in the dogs,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...ssion.html

27 March 2014, 18:28, (This post was last modified: 27 March 2014, 18:54 by bigpaul.)
"all 4 cats were treated at the same vets in Newbury"! is it just me or can anyone else see a link here??

no new cases have been recorded since March 2013!! this strain is one usually confined to livestock animals, I think some cats must have been playing with the badgers, as in Bovine TB.