Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consider your OPSEC footprint
28 March 2014, 11:13,
Consider your OPSEC footprint
I was watching the news on Sky whilst doing the ironing earlier this morning , I watched the missing plane special last night, and something struck me (not montblanc his aim is not good enough Smile )

The news reports said the satellites were picking up objects as small as 1 sq meter in the south Indian Ocean, (up most of us know there's some good satellites out there) But when they started saying stuff like and the "thermal image detectors" were not showing any life signs....................... bare with me on this and the "satellites from" Malaya, China, Australia, US, UK ( Inmarsats) Vietnam, Cambodia, Japan, India etc etc etc etc were all reporting finds in the ocean.

How many bloody satellites that are manoeuvrable and can detect heat and can pick out man made objects as small as HALF a SQUARE METER are up there.

So TSHTF the govt of what ever flavour or foreign govts like the EU want to know where the survivors are, if they are thriving etc, those folks if they can access the sats are going to be able to pick up your body heat, cooking and heating, heat from any still working vehicles, if a house in a city is warm when the rest are cold, is that field recently ploughed etc etc.

Just a bit of food for thought I have not considered the various consequences except that I think I need a way to reduce the heat signature from cooking or heating hot water in the immediate aftermath of TSHTF.

28 March 2014, 11:18,
RE: Consider your OPSEC footprint
I am thinking in a post SHTF situation, societal collapse, power down and all that, yes the satellites will still be functioning but I wonder if TPTB, if they still exist, will have the wherewithal to be able to use them.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 March 2014, 11:25,
Bloody hell NR I been thinking this for ages .....and don,t forget the drones ......BP ..they the geet yar son!;
28 March 2014, 11:51,
AYE SS I hear the plods are seeking funds for lots of drones with IR and II capability for spying on people.

28 March 2014, 12:03,
hell, plod cant put "boots on the ground" around here so I don't think their going to be able to put any drones up, Devon is a very spread out county too, lots of rural areas, I expect if they get the funding it'll be for CITY forces only.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 March 2014, 12:41,
I think that drones will be very widespread in the near future, there are already a number of Fire and Rescue services with them; as well as Police Forces using them for the likes of crowd surveillance.

The following storey also surprised me in the way the technology is also be used:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/ne...oting.html

Could such devices be available to be used by those trying to pilfer your supplies after an event??
28 March 2014, 12:46,
IF TPTB still exist after TSHTF, I'm expecting TOTAL SOCIETAL COLLAPSE and WROL.
28 March 2014, 12:49,
Maybe it would be worthwhile finding someone with a thermal imaging device and asking them to scope out your house at night. This would be under the premise of checking for heat leaks as you are just trying to save on the heating bill of course.
Before hand you would set up your house as it would be post-shtf with covered windows etc.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
28 March 2014, 12:55,
yes that would probably work for the house, but what if they are searching for survivors and caught you working in your garden or fields?? I suppose you could wear a foil blanket but you couldn't work in it very well.
28 March 2014, 20:21,
very true