Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honshu Tanto Twins!
4 April 2014, 11:17,
Honshu Tanto Twins!
Hi, Chaps...

Yeah...I seem to buy things in twos, when I can afford to. I saw these on the United Cutlery site, recently and refused to eat or drink until I had two of them on my home's goodies list.

= The blade is around 10.75 inches and, overall, the cute babes are 16.75 inches long.

= The point is like a darning needle! Oh, and, while I'm on that subject...ouch!

= The blood groove is deeper than Kate Beckinsale's lust-appeal!

= They have a pleasant weight, a point to die for (!), fabulous rubberised checkered grips and a partially sharpened edge on arrival. I'll enjoy sharpening these to a razory type choppy thing with my diamond-dust sharpeners.

= The sheaths are thick, tooled gun-holstery type/thickness leather and have that gorgeously strong leathery smell about them. (Is there a way I could spray that smell around my home?...anybody know?)

However, I noticed that the leather's "skin" on the edge of the front of one of the belt loops was a touch looser, like some fake leather layer...odd! I wasn't too pleased with that, I must say.

I hope you like my new buddies, anyway.

Ian.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sign on my back door: "Dear Burglar: Name anybody who will be looking for you beneath my floorboards!"
4 April 2014, 11:38,
RE: Honshu Tanto Twins!
Not sure if its just me, but you seem to be "slightly" fixated on weapons!!
4 April 2014, 11:55,
oh my...

They're beautiful.

How much were they, if you don't mind me asking?
4 April 2014, 14:58, (This post was last modified: 4 April 2014, 15:00 by Ian Haines.)
Devonian...

I'm a collector of "comforters", or "self-defence implements". (SDIs). I'm a collector...that's all.

BeardyMan...

They're available from these two outlets. I got them through another supplier, but he got them from one of these.

The prices are where the links take you.
You'll love them, I promise! Whoo!

http://www.unitedcutleryknives.co.uk/uni...tang-tanto

http://www.battleorders.co.uk/swords/sam...c2629.html

Ian.

One thing that makes me happy about them is not obvious from the write up I did on them, above. The extra good news is that somebody, somewhere, looks set to start putting Japanese heavy-cutlery in more familiar and Westernised holders - these tantos are in hunter-style knife sheaths and that's pretty rare, also, Beardy!
Sign on my back door: "Dear Burglar: Name anybody who will be looking for you beneath my floorboards!"
4 April 2014, 15:18,
Ah, I shouldn't have clicked on those links..... Blush
4 April 2014, 15:28, (This post was last modified: 4 April 2014, 15:32 by Ian Haines.)
It's always an exercise in will power and control over one's saliva glands, to go to those places, and there's an even higher-quality goods seller, online. The Internet isn't useful for many things, but this is definitely one of the good ones.

Sell the dogs, raffle the wife, flog the house and get a really cool penknife!

I've sent you a PM, Beardy...BE BRAVE!
4 April 2014, 15:47,
(4 April 2014, 15:28)Ian Haines Wrote: It's always an exercise in will power and control over one's saliva glands, to go to those places, and there's an even higher-quality goods seller, online. The Internet isn't useful for many things, but this is definitely one of the good ones.

Sell the dogs, raffle the wife, flog the house and get a really cool penknife!

I've sent you a PM, Beardy...BE BRAVE!

It would be payday today wouldn't it... Rolleyes

I've got enough off the shelf knives at the moment (or so I thought)

There are some very good knife makers on BCUK, if you fancy something built to order. I picked up a beauty last year, only set me back £100. Dude in Portugal make some really nice items.
4 April 2014, 16:07,
Thanks for that...I'm looking for a really good whittler knife - they're harder to find than they sound. Trawlerman knives are pretty good, but the blades sometimes break...the hunt goes on.
5 April 2014, 11:35,
Nice one of my instructors used to work for battle orders may have to tap him up
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles
5 April 2014, 12:41,
Nice................dribble..........dribble.......