Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Careful how and where you park
4 April 2014, 14:26,
Careful how and where you park
Elderly neighbour has just asked me to help him change a wheel on his car, he had just popped round to the shops where pothole repairs were going on here and there.

Does his shopping, hops back into car and pulls away, funny noise, steering funny for a second car doesn't feel right.

He gets out and finds he had parked ontop of a hot tarmac patch that was freshly laid, it had stuck / adhered / grabbed or whatever his tyre and when he pulled away it ripped off a big chunk of tread !!!

4 April 2014, 14:39,
RE: Careful how and where you park
chance would be a fine thing, we've got roads around here haven't been repaired since the last bad winter about 3 years ago, drove down a road this morning-not so much potholes as the whole of the top surface had gone.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 April 2014, 15:21,
(4 April 2014, 14:39)bigpaul Wrote: chance would be a fine thing, we've got roads around here haven't been repaired since the last bad winter about 3 years ago, drove down a road this morning-not so much potholes as the whole of the top surface had gone.

Yup, like a 3rd world country out that way...
4 April 2014, 15:33,
(4 April 2014, 15:21)BeardyMan Wrote:
(4 April 2014, 14:39)bigpaul Wrote: chance would be a fine thing, we've got roads around here haven't been repaired since the last bad winter about 3 years ago, drove down a road this morning-not so much potholes as the whole of the top surface had gone.

nope its MY country.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 April 2014, 15:50,
(4 April 2014, 15:33)bigpaul Wrote:
(4 April 2014, 15:21)BeardyMan Wrote:

nope its MY country.

Well, if it's YOURS; Get out there and fix those roads then Tongue
4 April 2014, 16:46,
oh no cant do that, how else are we going to stop all these "incomers" from coming here, if the roads are bad they wont want to come and live here and will bugger off back where they came from. "we be plaised to see ee" but we're even more chuffed when they go home again.Big Grin
4 April 2014, 23:13,
The 'roads' this end seem to be pot holes joined up with a bit of macadam - but we noticed that over eighteen years ago when we moved in. Drive down towards the capital and all that road noise dies down, the steering stops shuddering - it's like driving on a billiard table. Cannot wait to get out of town to get back to interesting pursuits like pothole dodging, horn blasting folks who get in the way and other things that I must not mention.
5 April 2014, 09:33,
yes I know what you mean, all those folks (like my SIL) who do 80/90/100mph in the outside lane(all the way on the motorway but get them in a country lane and their doing 20 and braking on every corner! and as for reversing!....hell they just sit there and freeze!!Big Grin