Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to read people is a survival skill
6 April 2014, 14:24,
How to read people is a survival skill
This is very good article by Scott Kelley at Graywolf Survival. Lots of in-depth info about spotting liars.

http://graywolfsurvival.com/1215/how-to-read-people/
6 April 2014, 16:11,
RE: How to read people is a survival skill
absolutely essential learning the tells and not allowing people to talk/ lull you into a poor position be that physically or mentally.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
6 April 2014, 17:25,
yep, always take what people tell you with a pinch of salt, sooner or later their lies will find them out. I have a philosophy "trust no one-until you learn different", always served me well, couple of times recently I have been proved correct.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2014, 10:34,
My philosophy is the other way around. I trust people until they screw me and then I never trust them again. No second chances. I just don't forgive very well.

Of course I am very careful what I trust with them whilst we build up a relationship but letting someone have a cheap tool or £10 till next week is a very cheap way of finding out if they are reliable.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 April 2014, 10:46,
I have found out over a very long life that people aren't to be trusted, they aren't worth a damn, if they can screw you over they will, so I don't give them the chance. post SHTF I will be enforcing this rule rigorously....no exceptions.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2014, 16:16,
I understand that philosophy BP but by having the walls permanently up you may miss out on an oppurtunity to enhance improve your situation....no man's an island , we all need contact companionship and help sometimes and if that mean's being open to people with a chance of being taken advantage of then so be it, obviously you take small step's and minimize your exposure but i think Skean is right...trust in small increments...if they let you down then cest la vie.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
7 April 2014, 16:43,
(7 April 2014, 16:16)Midnitemo Wrote: I understand that philosophy BP but by having the walls permanently up you may miss out on an oppurtunity to enhance improve your situation....no man's an island , we all need contact companionship and help sometimes and if that mean's being open to people with a chance of being taken advantage of then so be it, obviously you take small step's and minimize your exposure but i think Skean is right...trust in small increments...if they let you down then cest la vie.
I have heard all this "no man is an island" stuff before, it dosent apply to everyone, and post SHTF the LESS I see of other people the better.
7 April 2014, 18:50,
The ones who survive and prosper will be the ones who work together. At some point that means trusting others. Anything that helps to work out who those are is in your long term interests. Sure, head down immediately after an event, but eventually even the best of us will have to pop up and start interacting with others. Man didn't become the dominant species by hiding in caves so get out there (just don't let them know where your cave is !)
“In the long history of humankind those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed” Charles Darwin
8 April 2014, 11:43,
depends on who and what survives I guess, could be all the chavs and inner city trash, wouldnt want anything to do with them, better off on my own..but then I always am.