Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is Camping and Bushcraft a part of prepping and survivalism? Your Views
9 April 2014, 09:44,
RE: Is Camping and Bushcraft a part of prepping and survivalism? Your Views
Ok, I know I'm a bit late to this one Smile

"NR IS right, camping and bushcraft have nothing to do with prepping and survivalism. "

I think this is the original comment by BP that started the discussion (my bold). For me it is wrong on many levels.

To me Prepping and Survivalism are all about increasing the options I have available. Anything that increases my survival chances works for me. Having the ability to survive in your surroundings (whether in the wilds or in an urban environment) without access to any kit or stores can surely only be a good thing.

I often read about peoples BOL this and GHB that, but sods law dictates that our stores, kit, and well laid plans may all go to crap at just the wrong time. Having the ability to do the basics like find and filter water, create a fire, find or build a shelter, must surely be useful skills to have

I agree that these skills are only a part of prepping and survival but I would suggest they are a fundamental part, the basic core ability to survive in your environment (even if only for a limited period) without access to your kit or supplies.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Camping and Bushcraft a part of prepping and survivalism? Your Views - by Smiffy - 9 April 2014, 09:44