Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is Camping and Bushcraft a part of prepping and survivalism? Your Views
9 April 2014, 10:15, (This post was last modified: 9 April 2014, 10:16 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Is Camping and Bushcraft a part of prepping and survivalism? Your Views
B & W skills are only going to be truly useful to the max providing you can get to the wilderness Smile, If you cannot fix the bike, sail the boat, fix the engine or even get healthy enough to get out of the city the B & W skills are going to be somewhat limited doncha think?

If you cannot safely sharpen then handle and operate the expensive survival knife in a proficient manner then the tool is pointless ( no pun intended Smile ) and your task much harder. So before you go learning bushcraft it makes sense to learn how to use and maintain and sharpen and repair your knife and master a bit of butchery BEFORE you go learning to be Ray Mears ?

That's the point (pun intended) I'm trying to make we can get by with fewer skills but we are so much more enhanced and better prepped by becoming more competent at multiple interlinked skills.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread and have learned quite a bit, I'm grateful to one and all for the positive contributions.
Thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Camping and Bushcraft a part of prepping and survivalism? Your Views - by NorthernRaider - 9 April 2014, 10:15