Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sir William Marshal's Sword
10 April 2014, 17:02,
Sir William Marshal's Sword
Yippee...

I got two more of those gorgeous Honshu Tantos, and they arrived along with my new baby. Great things don't stay in stock long enough to satisfy me, so I grab them while I can. (I must've slipped and accidentally ordered two more - I'm such a Silly! (!!!) My family is growing quickly, now.)

The Sir William Marshal Sword!

This is by far the heaviest sword I've bought, yet. No Allen key sockets on this...a really solid-feeling hunk of steel. There is a grain running the full length of the blade and woven leather grip, leather inside and outside the scabbard.

If I razor sharpened this, it would spoil it, I suspect, so I'm leaving it as it is, at least for now. Not counting a ParcelForce screwup (moron on fork-lift loaded it onto a 48 hours wagon, instead of onto a 24 hours wagon - a plague on all of their whatsits), this has been another nice day.

(£210, and worth every penny!)

Ian.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sign on my back door: "Dear Burglar: Name anybody who will be looking for you beneath my floorboards!"
10 April 2014, 17:06,
RE: Sir William Marshal's Sword
I thought a pukka sword would be much dearer than that, is it a pukka one or a display one?....perhaps I will get me a falchion afterall
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
10 April 2014, 21:32,
It's battle-ready, and a delightfully heavyweight beauty.

Erm...I must admit that I don't know what "Pukka" means. (HEEEEELP!)

I'm off to look up what a Falchion is, now...I like learning new things - it's kind of exciting!
Sign on my back door: "Dear Burglar: Name anybody who will be looking for you beneath my floorboards!"
10 April 2014, 22:47,
Big Grin Jeeez be careful with that thing, it's huge! That could do someone a serious injury.
“In the long history of humankind those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed” Charles Darwin
11 April 2014, 07:26,
Pukka means real/genuine as opposed to replica/imitation....falchion is a heavy type cutlass with a handguard....I'd like to get a sword preferably a falchion but I thought a genuine useable one would be quite a bit more than £210....will be deffo in the market if there around this price.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
11 April 2014, 11:54,
It could, indeed, do somebody a permanent injury, SlyUrbanFox. It's a field-ready usable steel hunk of deliciousness!

So, Midnitemo...now I know what a falchion is - let's know if you find one online under £300, if you would.

I'm sniffing around Japanese goodies, now - I wanna biggun(!)