Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelter Camo
11 April 2014, 14:52,
RE: Shelter Camo
(11 April 2014, 14:43)Midnitemo Wrote: isn't being quiet and not making fires helping to stay hidden....noise woodsmoke wafting up and smells will draw people to your"off the beaten track" position.........excuse meAngrylol

Is this MY "beaten track" position, or is it the royal WE again?

And your BOL, how will it be visually hidden?

Anyone thought about massive camo nets? Using dirt to darken the outside of the house? Maybe using surrounding trees to hide the building? Using black out curtains to hide light from inside getting out? Repainting the house in duller colours? Building small ground banks to hide the straight lines of a bungalow? Ripping up grass and the alike to hide the roof? Or just leave it as a normal building that is clear from miles around?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 April 2014, 14:58,
royal we againAngel
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
11 April 2014, 14:59,
(11 April 2014, 14:36)Scythe13 Wrote: But nobody has said anything about how they plan to stay hidden while bugging out.

Maybe the best option is just to keep moving round, never stay in one place for more than a day or two.

If you are talking about trying to (better) hide an established property, then I wouldn't bother, just try and keep a low profile, ie: no lights; no smoke; no loud noises; no changes to the appearance, unless you have your own militia with you.
11 April 2014, 15:01,
have you ever carried a vehicle sized camo net? for me its going to have to be natural concealment....burrow down into the center of a bush or hedgerow etc.
11 April 2014, 15:01,
blackout curtains on the windows is good, or use wooden boards to do the same-that's what they used in WW2 ("put that light out!"), smoke..use only dry, seasoned wood, not green wood. keep cooking smells down...maybe only cook after dark, keep noise down....not easily if you've got kids, I guess. that's where having less people would be an advantage.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 April 2014, 15:02,
(11 April 2014, 14:59)Devonian Wrote: Maybe the best option is just to keep moving round, never stay in one place for more than a day or two.

Now that's a new perspective.

My only issue with that would be for longer term food production, you'd be in real trouble.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 April 2014, 15:03,
Dev that's the usual mo for guerrila's multiple camps,keep moving around....I think the stealth approach will only serve you so long , you're luck will run out sooner or later....tis a short term strategy hiding.
11 April 2014, 15:05,
if you keep moving from place to place, always on the move your bound to get spotted, probably sooner rather than later, better to stay in one place and keep hidden.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 April 2014, 15:07, (This post was last modified: 11 April 2014, 15:07 by Devonian.)
(11 April 2014, 15:02)Scythe13 Wrote:
(11 April 2014, 14:59)Devonian Wrote: Maybe the best option is just to keep moving round, never stay in one place for more than a day or two.

Now that's a new perspective.

My only issue with that would be for longer term food production, you'd be in real trouble.

But if you are in Hunter Gatherer mode, you will not be wiping out everything in you area, as you move around the rabbits will restock in the previous areas. But if everyone else is doing the same thing......

Travel at night!
12 April 2014, 00:58,
You guys have fallen into the abyss again!

You are in England, your ancestors gave up living as hunter gatherers about 1,000 years before they learned to smelt copper when the population density was about 2% of what it would be after your expected 90% die off.