Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gun dreams
3 April 2015, 22:56,
RE: gun dreams
You have to plead your case on an ad hoc basis....if you're a stalker then you would be expected to need to hold far less ammunition than a target shooter , stalkers may only a fire a handful of rounds in a month where as a target shooter could use hundreds , target shooters need to buy there ammo ib bulk where possible to keep the ammunition consistent shot to shot as the manufacturing process throws up anomalies in production as the run's continue , a an extra tenth of a grain in this batch , the bullet seated two thou deeper in that batch or half a grain lighter the next batch...this all screws with your absolute accuracy so target shooters are generally allowed to buy and hold bigger quantities in the name of uber accuracy.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
3 April 2015, 23:02,
Is shotgun ammo limited to fewer rounds than .22?

Is the limitation of 600 rounds for all ammo, .22 and shotgun combined?
3 April 2015, 23:04,
no set limit on shotgun ammunition unless it is section one ie solid ball / slug or bigger than 00 buck
3 April 2015, 23:32,
Thanks Rob, I had this mental image that the place you bought your ammo from had to fill in a box on the back of the FAC or something similar....

But your explanation makes more sense.
4 April 2015, 01:00,
Dev they do....you rock up to the gun shop and say I'd like 500 .22long rifle please , they check on your ticket that you have authority and that the quantity is below your maximum for that calibre they then fill in the relevant part of your ticket , money changes hands and of you go...the exception to this is if you buy and use the ammunition at your club and you don't take any of it away from the club premises it doesn't have to be entered on your ticket....I always get mine added to the ticket regardless because I'm trying to demonstrate that I shoot a hell off a lot of .22lr and I should have a bigger allowance as requested previously
4 April 2015, 01:08,
So what happens if you go to the gun shop and buy your limit worth's today, and go back at the same time next week to do the same again, or even at a different gun shop.

They can see on your FAC that 7 days ago you had your limit..........., do they therefore question you/look for proof or just trust that you have already used that up?
4 April 2015, 01:19,
it's a common sense thing , when you have filled up your ammo sheet on the ticket you have to return it to the issuing force to get another sheet added , they may or may not scrutinize your buying habits and if they smell a rat you may get a 4 am visit by some guys in black with the big red key....as a stalker they know on average what the normal parameters of usage are and as a target shooter you are obliged aswell as the club to record attendance at the range and which guns have been used so its not difficult for them to check wether you've had the ability to use all that ammo or not......you could go every day and buy your max quota but I'm pretty sure it would get noticed and the consequences could be dire.
4 April 2015, 10:28,
Thanks Mo, not that it will ever affect me, just curious as to how the system works.
4 April 2015, 16:38,
So the way you are set up even the newest approved shooter with an allowance of only 600 rounds in possession can go to the range empty handed, shoot all day, and still have his 600 round allotment in reserve at home???

Correct?

And your stockpile of shotgun fodder is unlimited.

If the shotgun shell count is not considered relevant, can anyone have possession of a few SG shells even without the SGC or gun to fire them from?
4 April 2015, 17:08,
As I understand you still have to have a SGC to purchase SG Cartridges.