Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gun dreams
10 July 2015, 15:45,
RE: gun dreams
You can have that revolver Mo.

You'll just have to move over here to do so.

They are not scarce at all, I have six or ten of them.

I prefer the round speed loaders for most applications but do not carry speed loaders on a daily basis since they are too bulky in the pocket. The speed loaders are mostly for competition shooting where fast reloads are required. I do less and less of that shooting as time goes by.

Usually it's a big box of ammo for the range, a handful in the pocket for roaming about or hunting. I usually carry less ammo when hunting than at any other time and in that situation I want the ammo free of restriction so I can reload without taking my eyes off the game. About the only time that happens is when squirrel hunting and I am missing occasionally and the game is dashing about in the tree tops.
10 July 2015, 20:33,
I like the Tuff strips to organize and carry a basic load of ammo without rattling in the pocket. They can be used to reload either double-action service revolvers, single action cowboy revolvers, break-open single shot rifles, or lever actions. Overall useful kit. I carry several on my belt in a mobile phone case which doesn't look like an ammo pouch. I have a carry permit and do.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
26 August 2015, 08:34,
Just a couple of pic's of my 1892 in range spec and all dressed up in tactical spec

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
27 August 2015, 07:40,
Is your magazine capacity restricted for that little lever gun Mo?
27 August 2015, 07:46,
no she is unrestricted 10+1 I absolutely love this gun...going to put a marbles diopter tang sight on her soon.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
27 August 2015, 22:36,
Just got my mossberg 500 back from the gunsmith, I had a nice brass bead fitted on an otherwise plain barrel, as well as a having a new magazine tube crimped to 2 cartridge capacity and fitted. The gunsmith also gave some TLC to the stock and overall blueing which was nice. I intend to get a Baikal over and under soon, as well as another mossberg 500 ideally.

I find it so funny reading people online talking about prepping and gun ownership completely write off British people owning guns and seriously considering buying a medieval reenactment weapon or a paintball gun for self defence against mobs. What world do these people live in?
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
28 August 2015, 00:07,
Funny you should ask....

You know how it is Tibbs, no contact with reality, living in a fantasy world, overinflated sense personal ability...
15 September 2015, 21:28,
Got a call this evening to pick up my new (to me) rifle. Ruger M77/22. I'm looking forward to getting it, just hope I get a chance tomorrow.
16 September 2015, 15:43,
Picked up my rifle today & had a little play with it. Nice to hold, nice to shoot & uses the standard 10/22 mags (part of the reason I wanted this model rifle). It came complete with scope & moderator. Just can't wait to afford to buy my long barrelled pistol next.

I'll try attaching a pic of both my guns. Got no monster munch so I used some of my 4pk of branstons beans to rest them on as proof it's me & not a standard web picture.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

16 September 2015, 17:28,
Guns and Beans - you're almost American ;-)

Have you decided what model LBR to get ? The Taurus .44 seems popular.