Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ageism: Oldies vs Youngsters
12 April 2014, 11:21,
RE: Ageism: Oldies vs Youngsters
(12 April 2014, 11:16)bigpaul Wrote: by the way, its my birthday today, not that I expect anyone to give a shit about that.

Why mention it then?? Whaddya want, a card or something?

Happy Birthday
12 April 2014, 11:23,
don't pretent like you care or something.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 April 2014, 11:24,
Happy birthday Paul
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
12 April 2014, 11:26, (This post was last modified: 12 April 2014, 11:28 by NorthernRaider.)
Afraid I don't subscribe to the age issue, no disrespect meant, I personally don't care if folks are young or old, its the knowledge they impart, many traditional skills and expertise I can only get from older chaps who have been there and earned the T shit, but on other issues such as things electronic or technological I will always ceed to the expertise of the young geek who knows the circuits and systems. I would add that GENERALLY but not always its the older chaps with the vastly superior martial or bushcraft skills who lead the way, but its the street smart young dude born and raised in the city I will turn to for wisdom on surviving in cities.

I do like RELIABILITY from people and TRUSTWORTHiNESS from people as much as their KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE regardless of how old they are.

12 April 2014, 11:32,
happy birthday bigpaul Smile
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
12 April 2014, 11:34,
30 again eh Paul Smile

12 April 2014, 11:35,
Another one for the list NR: CREATIVE THINKERS....without them there will be no testing the boundaries, no innovation, nothing new.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

12 April 2014, 11:35,
I do subscribe to the theory that for every PHD or Doctorate todays youngsters pick up at Uni they have every last ounce of common sense kicked out of them.

12 April 2014, 11:37,
(12 April 2014, 11:35)NorthernRaider Wrote: I do subscribe to the theory that for every PHD or Doctorate todays youngsters pick up at Uni they have every last ounce of common sense kicked out of them.

Humorous comment NR, but complete and utter bullshit
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

12 April 2014, 11:37,
Lightspeed
Another one for the list NR: CREATIVE THINKERS....without them there will be no testing the boundaries, no innovation, nothing new.

Yarp from Bill Gates to the dude who invented Facepage to the guy who developed the bagless vacuum.