Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police seize one of 'biggest ever arsenal of firearms' in east London
17 April 2014, 20:07,
Wink  Police seize one of 'biggest ever arsenal of firearms' in east London
Sorry, but I couldn't get the pictures of this "arsenal" to post... but over on a US forum the pictures shown are mostly a bunch of antique junk that I wouldn't shoot on a bet. Acting Detective Superintendent Gary Bruce would not be a happy camper in Texas, where most 12 year old boys have more extensive "arsenals". Hopefully, y'all feel so much safer now! Big Grin

Police have seized more than 30 guns at an address in east London in one of the biggest ever haul of firearms.

Thirty firearms seized by WalthamForest Gangs Task Force in one of the Met's biggest ever gun seizures
http://t.co/KEuklHIwBcBlakyzvccaaqhx2
09:59 - 17 April 2014

Assault rifles, sawn off shotguns, an Uzi and a Thompson machine gun were among the weapons found in Leyton.

A vast quantity of ammunition was also discovered.

A 51-year-old man was arrested at the address and remains in custody.
The collection included assault rifles, sawn off shotguns and a Thompson machine gun. Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police said it was one of the biggest ever seizures of firearms by the Met.

A variety of guns were discovered. Credit: Metropolitan Police
The firearms were seized from an address in east London.
Credit: Metropolitan Police

A large amount of ammunition was also found.
Officers discovered the weapons after an intelligence-led operation.
Over 30 firearms were found. Credit: Metropolitan Police

Police warned of the dangers of the weapons in the wrong hands. Credit: Metropolitan Police

Officers from the Waltham Forest Gangs Task Force are investigating the circumstances behind the discovery.

Acting Detective Superintendent Gary Bruce said: "Seizing guns has helped us vastly reduce gun crime across the capital.

"The size of the seizure is exceptional and the danger of the these weapons in the wrong hands cannot be overestimated."

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
17 April 2014, 20:09,
RE: Police seize one of 'biggest ever arsenal of firearms' in east London
Half the haul were air rifles, more were antiques and some de-acts. FYI the gun control laws in 96 had one effect, gun crime rose for over 5 years.

17 April 2014, 22:11,
Would love to have a go on a Tommy Gun!!! the one with the rotary magazine, wonder if I can shoot one in Florida?
17 April 2014, 22:36,
some right tat amongst that
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
17 April 2014, 22:52,
yep, they were just getting rid of old stock- give it a week or so and the good stuff will be out of hiding again.

Heard from an old colleague that some Londonistan gangs are better equipped than HM forces (from evidence pulled out of some members).

Police intelligence down there is an oxymoron. The gangs will have hid their proper arsenal weeks before a raid.

Best way to Prep for Londonistan is to keep as far away from it as possible, turned down jobs there plenty of times as it just isn't safe anymore.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
17 April 2014, 23:06,
Just 30 ???

Sounds like the bad guys are not really trying.

TH there are places where you can rent full auto firearms and shoot them on the rental range over here. You might find a Thompson on one but they are scarce. There never were many floating around in civilian hands in spite of what the gangster movies portray.

Back at the start of WW2 the U.S. government sent all of them they could round up to GB for use by the Commandos. I understand that at the Diapee (sp) Raid the Commandos had every one of the weapons in tow, a total of 50.

I got my hands on a Thompson while I was in the service. There were still a few being secreted about for show and tell although they had long been out of the TOE.

The 1928 Thompson with rotary mag filled weighs nearly 25 pounds and thumps along quite sedately. Much more of a load than I want to carry and that was much of the reason it was rotated out of the inventory and replaced by full auto versions of the M1 carbine and our sad version of your Stein gun.

The one I had was an M1 Thompson which was the stripped down military model that used stick magazines. I carried it one patrol and ditched it. Way too heavy along with maps, comm gear, rats and such.

Still good for laughs and giggles. However, full auto gets boring quickly and very expensive, especially at $0.50 per shot. (about 10 pounds for a 30 shot mag in your money)
18 April 2014, 01:20,
These guns might be shit BUT who in this country keeps better in there prepps.
The fact is young gangs are well armed and high on drugs and more willing to kill even when the police can look after you!
It's time to realise 95% of preppers are not survivalist and wilderness survival is not going to cut it when the shit hits those glasses most people wear.
to win the war, you must be willing to die
18 April 2014, 02:04,
I just went to the news releases and saw the "firearms" they confiscated.

Much of the haul was air rifles and pellet guns and airsoft guns, not real firearms.
18 April 2014, 06:01,
Talking of de-acts makes me think of that scene in the Lock Stock movie where the druggie opens up with a machine gun (Bren if I remember correctly) that he thought was de-activated. Also, when I was an army cadet as a teenager, we had to stop training with the de-act SLRs after some were stolen and then used in robberies.

Which makes me think of something that Selco said on his blog about an old dude in their war that developed a fearsome reputation after walking around with a machine-gun and shoulders draped with ammo belts. After the war he came clean and showed that it was actually a de-activated unit from a local museum and not capable of being fired at all. But, also proving that as long as you look and act the part, then you can scare a lot of people off (ie. the same way preppers who can't get firearms can at least keep some people at bay with swords etc when needs be).
18 April 2014, 09:04, (This post was last modified: 18 April 2014, 09:06 by Tartar Horde.)
£30 quid a squirt!! bloody hell ammo's not cheap anymore is it Mort?

Say hello to my Tommy gun ya filthy animal. lol