Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebola
2 July 2014, 20:30, (This post was last modified: 2 July 2014, 20:31 by Megatron.)
RE: Ebola
Just a thought BP but having spent a bit of time in Africa it won't matter about the air transport. Public transport is the norm I.e packed buses or trucks going from village to village.
Most of the people this has effected are the ones who can't afford a car or motorbike so must travel in cramped public transport, the ideal place to pass it on not to mention the fact that these people can I'll afford to take time off work for illness.
It is a wording scenario.

Worrying**
26 July 2014, 15:29,
Now its arrived in Nigeria a place where dozens of flights go to the EU and UK each day.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-28498665

26 July 2014, 16:44,
(2 July 2014, 20:30)Megatron Wrote: Just a thought BP but having spent a bit of time in Africa it won't matter about the air transport. Public transport is the norm I.e packed buses or trucks going from village to village.
Most of the people this has effected are the ones who can't afford a car or motorbike so must travel in cramped public transport, the ideal place to pass it on not to mention the fact that these people can I'll afford to take time off work for illness.
It is a wording scenario.

Worrying**
thank you, but again we are talking public transport in Africa not the middle of downtown Peckham or Huddersfield, when it is, that's when i'll start worrying and not before.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 July 2014, 15:13,
just announced on the news "W.H.O. have stated that the risk to the UK is VERY small".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 July 2014, 17:00,
That really makes me feel ok Dodgy
27 July 2014, 17:09,
swine flu and bird flu were 2 others that were talked about on various forums, people went into panic mode, it never happened here did it? and neither will Ebola, they'll all be dead long before they get anywhere near Europe never mind the UK, this thing has got a 90% death rate.
27 July 2014, 20:26,
(27 July 2014, 17:09)bigpaul Wrote: swine flu and bird flu were 2 others that were talked about on various forums, people went into panic mode, it never happened here did it? and neither will Ebola, they'll all be dead long before they get anywhere near Europe never mind the UK, this thing has got a 90% death rate.

In its current strain, you are probably correct as it is transferred through body fluids including sweat and spit etc, but the concern has to be that the longer it hangs around, the more potential there is for it to mutate into something fare more contagious.
28 July 2014, 00:29,
It seems in the last week or so, that the medical staff are now becoming more susceptible to the virus:

http://news.sky.com/story/1308317/americ...adly-ebola

Whether this is due to a breakdown in procedures or something else has got to be a concern...
28 July 2014, 06:23,
Two of the American doctors have contracted the virus now.

I think more is happening that just lax procedures. American Doctors are trained from day one on universal procedures and these folks are aware of the exceptional nature of this problem.

Has this virus gone "airborne"?
28 July 2014, 07:12,
whenever I hear the term "airborne virus" I am always reminded of the flu advert where the guy sneezes on the bus and the germs fly out of his nose and shoot down the length of the bus....anyone remember that one??