Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebola
28 July 2014, 08:23,
RE: Ebola
I offer this quote from http://www.shtfplan.com which echoes my thoughts:" When the pandemic begins, many (non preppers)will remain in a state of denial and not want to think of the lasting repercussions of such a disaster. BEING PREPARED before the masses come out of their daze will ensure you are better prepared before the hordes run to the store to stock up", end quote.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 July 2014, 10:41,
Agreed Mort, Western Doctors working in this field know exactly what this Virus can do, and treat it with the utmost respect. There was an issue at the CDC a few years ago when Ebola nearly escaped into the population that caused a major pant shitting moment. Read "Hot Zone", it opened my eyes to the real danger. It will be obvious to everyone if this Virus does mutate into a true airborne one by the vast number of people who will start to die, TPTB will not be able to control the news or hide the truth. At the moment the numbers are low, meaning the Virus is still limited to close contact? I put a question mark there as I don't understand the full message the WHO are putting out. I watched a WHO Doctor talking on Al Jazeera who said the patients exhibit "Flu Like" symptoms for a while before they get really ill, and during this time they are infectious to other people.
Now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this exactly how Pneumonic plague spread in Medieval Europe? infected people living in close proximity to one another coughing and spluttering germs everywhere. In Africa we have very similar conditions to medieval Europe (no insult meant) masses of people living cheek by jowl, with poor sanitation and health care, and even less education, it is a time bomb. Up to now the outbreaks have been in areas of lowish population density (for Africa) now it has reached Lagos in Nigeria with a population of 21 million. The man was an employee of the Liberian Government (leaving the sinking ship?) and collapsed on the plane and was taken to a hospital in Lagos. http://www.independent.ie/world-news/afr...62493.html
I'm certainly not scared or worried at this point, but I do remain very cautious and will continue to observe how the virus progresses.
28 July 2014, 11:15,
if this thing ever gets into the UK and I still say its a big IF, then the best protection is to stay away from other people...especially the "general public" in big open air public events, festivals, football games, markets, car boots,air ports, that sort of thing. if it is passed by "bodily fluids" then limiting our exposure would be the correct thing to do, if possible go into total lockdown/ isolation for the duration however long that might be(that's why we have food stores isn't it?). losing some of ones salary is better than losing ones life..which is quite possible with an 85-90% "KILL" rate.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 July 2014, 18:29,
I saw an interview with one DWB volunteer who specified that this strain was transmittable through all body fluids, including SWEAT!

Hot sweaty people in the heat of the tropics, crowded into busses, trains and vehicles, dripping infection with every movement and a disease with a 48-72 hour window where the infection is transmittable and the victim shows no symptoms.

And now it has moved into the bodies of the middle class and government workers. The people that fly to London, Liverpool and Glasgow on a daily basis.
28 July 2014, 18:53,
(28 July 2014, 18:29)Mortblanc Wrote: The people that fly to London, Liverpool and Glasgow on a daily basis.

good job I'm nowhere near London, Liverpool or Glasgow then!!! and never liable to be. and the middle class and (West African) govt workers don't come here, no reason and no money!! maybe they'll fly on to Dallas or JFK air ports instead!!!...................................
30 July 2014, 09:42,
Now Sierra Leone's top Ebola Doctor has died from the disease, are these Doctors Rubbish at preventing contamination, or is the Virus more potent than we are led to believe?
30 July 2014, 11:25,
(30 July 2014, 09:42)Tartar Horde Wrote: or is the Virus more potent than we are led to believe?

With the UK Government convening the COBRA Committee today to specifically discuss the Ebola threat, it does make you wonder......
30 July 2014, 11:49,
(28 July 2014, 11:15)bigpaul Wrote: if this thing ever gets into the UK and I still say its a big IF, then the best protection is to stay away from other people...especially the "general public" in big open air public events, festivals, football games, markets, car boots,air ports, that sort of thing. if it is passed by "bodily fluids" then limiting our exposure would be the correct thing to do, if possible go into total lockdown/ isolation for the duration however long that might be(that's why we have food stores isn't it?). losing some of ones salary is better than losing ones life..which is quite possible with an 85-90% "KILL" rate.

looks like its already here! http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/07/...32718.html
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/
30 July 2014, 12:38,
I heard he's been given the all clear- false alarm.
30 July 2014, 18:58,
That's just the one they caught and cleared.

One thing the governments of our western nations has proven is that they have absolutely zero ability to keep undesirable illegal aliens outside our borders.