Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebola
1 August 2014, 13:58,
RE: Ebola
Incubation period is 2 to 21 days.

It could be here already.

Not too much of an issue unless it mutates, combines with influenza... I'll be working from home should that occur.
1 August 2014, 17:34, (This post was last modified: 1 August 2014, 17:35 by Mortblanc.)
Probably will not be considered an issue until someone collapses with blood squirting out their ears in a London Tube station during rush hour.

The case in Liberia was an official with dual Liberian/American citizenship who collapsed in the airport. 30,000 people are now being sought for testing due to exposure during that incident. The airplane was contaminated along with every person and all their families and business contacts being exposed.

He was scheduled to come home to America in mid August and missed bringing ebola back with him by two weeks.
1 August 2014, 19:07,
(1 August 2014, 17:34)Mortblanc Wrote: Probably will not be considered an issue until someone collapses with blood squirting out their ears .

sounds like a normal Friday/Saturday night in any number of uk cities.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 August 2014, 08:23,
there now saying it could already be here in illegal smuggled MONKEY meat on sale in London street markets.isnt that how Aids started too.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 August 2014, 16:47,
Now they have decided to bring infected patients into the country on purpose.

http://news.yahoo.com/plane-carrying-u-a...02437.html
2 August 2014, 16:56,
you've probably got it already brought in by illegal immigrants. these west Africans don't half love their "bush" meat, it dosent matter what country it is they'll get it in somehow.
3 August 2014, 06:52,
A Quick note. Don't get me wrong - I'm very non-PC - but some of the comments on this thread are coming close to racism. I don't want to start editing posts or deleting. I'm going to issue one warning.
3 August 2014, 09:16,
I have not seen anything remotely racist on this thread? Indeed BP is totally accurate in his appraisal and his post is backed up by facts.

Just another example of why this once great forum has now gone completely off the rails.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...virus.html

Secret trade in monkey meat that could unleash Ebola in UK: How an appetite for African delicacies at British market stalls may spread killer virus
Ridley Road in Dalston, East London, is one example of an area with a large African community
It has been identified as a hub for secret market in ‘bush meat’ - flesh of exotic animals such as chimpanzee, monkey and fruit bats
7,500 tonnes of illegal meat enters Britain each year; bulk of it is bush meat
Bush meat is one of primary sources of Ebola's transmission

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z39JaVb3YH

3 August 2014, 09:21,
I don't usually post anymore but this is silly.

Monkey Meat. There is nothing racist about it. It is meat from the monkey. Just cow meat is meat from from cow etc. May be given other names like beef.

Yes various countries or peoples like what may be called their own type of food. We, well I do, like a nice beef steak, Brits are supposed to be roast beef and two veg.

So why not people who just happen to live in the bush in Africa like what may be called bush meat.

Now this Ebola may or may not spread here or anywhere else. There is nothing we can do about it. Don't panic just keep an eye on what is happening. Don't just use main media sources check other ones as well and be a good boy/girl scout and be prepared.

But please lets not so silly over monkey meat and bush men or we will loose even more from the site. I don't post anymore because it is a waste of my time probably like this.
And per chance has BP been banned. What in goodness name for.
Come on lets have some sense.
Right end of me and if nothing comes of this I will not come back and to be sure I'll ask SD to my details down, or may be get Google to remove all mention of me from the site.
3 August 2014, 09:48, (This post was last modified: 3 August 2014, 12:47 by River Song.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aItpjF5vXc Smile Smile

Ed by RS
Maybe I'm losing it but this post is either
a) Totally off-topics or
b) bearing in mind the lyric content of the song, a (not very) subtle dig at the mods.