Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebola
3 August 2014, 11:07,
RE: Ebola
BTW Why has BP been banned, warned.
What for. Surely we should all know the reasoning so that we don't fall into the same thing especially as I cannot for the life of me see why he was banned/warned.
3 August 2014, 12:29,
Let's be clear. It was me that banned BP. It was going to be the standard ban of 1 week but i reduced this to 2 days. Why?

Post #56 which I didn't delete.

West African
Illlegal Immigrant.

I'm not worried about the use of the term Bush meat. None of these terms on their own can be 'racist'.
But the overall 'flavour' of this post and previous left a sour taste. 48 hours of reflection all round I think.
3 August 2014, 13:13,
RS Thanks for making my mind up for me, over the last two weeks a few of the members E mailed and PMed me asking to come back because the forum was dead or dying (depending on their viewpoint), Now I am sure I wont be coming back, and YES the loonatics have taken over the asylum.
Bye.

3 August 2014, 14:01,
I'm going to open up a book on how long it takes NR to post again.

1/2 within 21 days

Any takers?
3 August 2014, 18:05,
come on we have all tryed bush meat , it the hairs in me teeth that always get me...TongueHeartTongueHeartTongue
Survive the jive (youtube )
4 August 2014, 00:24,
its just a matter of perspective, I can see where RS is coming from and she has a point, we as a group are already perceived as strange so the last thing we want is to fuel this distrust with another label we don't deserve , on reflection RS has reduced the time out which I think is fair given BP's poor choice of words, I'm fine with whats been done lets all choose our words carefully as were all accountable for them.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
6 August 2014, 07:02,
What I find somewhat disturbing is the fact that this country is less prepared for any major disease outbreak, be it Viral & Bacterial in nature, than it was back in the 80s.
Since that time, major health infrastructure that would have been in place to deal with any such incident has been scraped, for example The Public Health Laboratory, Major isolation units, there used to seven in London alone. In 1987 I was working on a project at All Saints Church, Spitalfields. This involved the removal & recording of over 1000 interments from the many vaults below the church. During the project, a well preserved cadaver was located in a hermetically sealed lead coffin. Said cadaver had Small Pox legions on the face. S.P. Virus can remain dormant for approx. 200 years plus, so the entire project team were put in quarantine for a week. Point being, none of this infrastructure exits any more. Any Ebola outbreak is going to interesting!
6 August 2014, 08:04,
@oggy
If you were involved in that project at All Saints, you will recall that the company
responsible for the work was called "Necropolis" who are licensed and authorised
for this kind of stuff. In an ironic way, it is still a 'living' business. I share your concerns
about cuts to health infrastrnucture.

Now I'm not one of the tin-foil-hat Infowars nutjobs, but I AM concerned that ebola
could be transmitted through the air and not just through fluids.

A study conducted in 2012 showed that Ebola was able to travel between pigs and monkeys that were in separate cages and were never placed in direct contact.

Though the method of transmission in the study was not officially determined, one of the scientists involved, Dr. Gary Kobinger, from the National Microbiology Laboratory at the Public Health Agency of Canada, told BBC News that he believed that the infection was spread through large droplets that were suspended in the air.
"What we suspect is happening is large droplets; they can stay in the air, but not long; they don't go far," he explained. "But they can be absorbed in the airway, and this is how the infection starts, and this is what we think, because we saw a lot of evidence in the lungs of the non-human primates that the virus got in that way."

Translation: Ebola IS an airborne virus.

For thosre of you interested, here's the lab report ...
Double-blind and peer reviewed so don't let TPTB tell you it's rubbish

.pdf   ebola2014=airborne.pdf (Size: 358.64 KB / Downloads: 1)

Allons-y
6 August 2014, 13:41,
Latest

Man dies in Saudi Arabia from ebola

WHO meeting in Geneva 'may' declare Global health emergency

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-28673380

Mmmmmm
6 August 2014, 14:36,
(6 August 2014, 08:04)River Song Wrote: Now I'm not one of the tin-foil-hat Infowars nutjobs, but I AM concerned that ebola
could be transmitted through the air and not just through fluids.

A study conducted in 2012 showed that Ebola was able to travel between pigs and monkeys that were in separate cages and were never placed in direct contact.

Though the method of transmission in the study was not officially determined, one of the scientists involved, Dr. Gary Kobinger, from the National Microbiology Laboratory at the Public Health Agency of Canada, told BBC News that he believed that the infection was spread through large droplets that were suspended in the air.
"What we suspect is happening is large droplets; they can stay in the air, but not long; they don't go far," he explained. "But they can be absorbed in the airway, and this is how the infection starts, and this is what we think, because we saw a lot of evidence in the lungs of the non-human primates that the virus got in that way."

Translation: Ebola IS an airborne virus.

For thosre of you interested, here's the lab report ...
Double-blind and peer reviewed so don't let TPTB tell you it's rubbish

Allons-y

Given that Ebola displays Flu like symptoms in the early stages, then yes I would say its fair to conclude that infected persons sneezing could easily result in the disease being spread via airborne particles.