Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
River Song's Post TU Telephone Network (PBX)
20 April 2014, 06:59, (This post was last modified: 20 April 2014, 07:07 by River Song.)
RE: River Song's Post TU Telephone Network (PBX)
Devonian - thanks for your comments.

Once the system is in place. I'm now working on extending the area.

The scenario is a single village where we try to get everyone covered as possible within the village. Once that is done, we also try connecting one village to another with the same setup.

A set of 2 way radios is fine enough and will probably cover a greater distance. However it remains a one-to-one communications system, needs a licence in pre-TU situations and needs a certain technical skill. I mean have you tried to program a UV-5R?

Imagine if you will trying to build a simple communications infrastructure in the middle of Africa. In a post-TU situation, this is what we may have to contend with. Start all over again.

This system does not rely on the phone network. It BECOMES a new phone network. It does not rely on the Internet (although whilst its there it gives us wide coverage).

Radios require power as well to charge up. The PBX requires 5v at 0.75 amp.

I'm sure someone can tell me how to provide that.

Allons-y

Smiffy - Thanks

I am working on range extenders. Connecting commercial hubs would probably not do it as they would be seen as seperate networks. Could be done I guess.

I'm working on two ways to extend.

Repeaters - cheap enough I guess

Meshed Access points. These would provide a WiFi access point but would 'MESH' together with other access points and the PBX.

Watch this space

Allons-y

Messages In This Thread
RE: River Song's Post TU Telephone Network (PBX) - by River Song - 20 April 2014, 06:59