Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S13's Skills Project. Skill 1 - Hunting
27 April 2014, 17:43,
RE: S13's Skills Project. Skill 1 - Hunting
OK, so I was up for the challenge and planned to head out on Saturday, but the weather wasn’t great so the challenge was postponed until today.

And the day started off well, I was able to get up close to a wood pigeon in the back garden before I’d even left the house!

[Image: SAM_0563_zpsc3875347.jpg]

[Image: SAM_0565_zps03255a05.jpg]

[Image: SAM_0567_zpsb25b7f25.jpg]

I was therefore hopeful of great results when I got to the woods and I was planning on going big!! Never mind bugs bunny or the pigeons I was going to get Roe Deer up close……..

Well that was the plan and the last few trips to the woods had shown me a pair of Roe Deer, but not today, the woods were completely devoid of any wildlife/animals, the woods were empty, even the Bluebells hadn’t yet flowered.

[Image: SAM_0573_zpsd82126bb.jpg]

[Image: SAM_0576_zpse8e331e8.jpg]

Now I was beginning to think that maybe a big happy Labrador having the time of life running around was helping LOL!! So we found a sheltered spot located up above where the Deer normally come into the woods and we waited, and we waited, and we waited…….you get the idea, and still nothing, there weren’t even any sheep in the surrounding fields!

[Image: SAM_0583_zpse0f5bec8.jpg]

So once the dog had had a good sleep and there were no signs of any life whatsoever, we got up and had another wonder around to see what we could find, and surprise surprise, we found a Deer, just not quite like I had hoped.

[Image: SAM_0584_zpsb6e9653c.jpg]

[Image: SAM_0591_zps22b03ead.jpg]

Anyway there are no rabbits in the woods as there is nothing for them to graze on, so it was always going to some something or nothing. So I’ll try again next weekend, but I have a different plan and location in mind…….

Messages In This Thread
RE: S13's Skills Project. Skill 1 - Hunting - by Devonian - 27 April 2014, 17:43