Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S13's Skills Project. Skill 1 - Hunting
5 May 2014, 12:27,
RE: S13's Skills Project. Skill 1 - Hunting
MB, that's the point of this. DEV came into a bit of a catch when he last went out, but before then, it was dry spotting.

I keep trying to get pics from out in the boonies! Dartmoor, middle of a load of fields in the middle of nowhere...places where you're lucky to spot an animal standing still, let alone shoot it....gun or camera.

The idea of this is to show people how genuinely difficult hunting really is. It's not like pop out with a gun, come back 20 mins later with loads of bunnies for the pot. More like go out, stalk a rabbit for 30 minutes, spook the local crows, and the bunnies do a runner because they've heard the crows 'warning call'.

The first lot of animals to die will be the birds walking the city areas. Then the more suburban lifestyle flocks, then it'll be farmer's flocks/herds, and last but not least, the 100% rural animals.

If we learn to stalk them now, then WTSHTF, we know we'll have the skill-set to bring back some food.

I'm going to extend this project to the end of the month. Not because I'm failing miserably (which I am haha) but because I want to see people get more rural photos, WITHOUT ZOOM!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: S13's Skills Project. Skill 1 - Hunting - by Scythe13 - 5 May 2014, 12:27