Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Earthquake
24 April 2014, 16:45,
Another Earthquake
Another significant Earthquake has occurred today of the coast of Canada, its the 10th significant quake to hit the Pacific Rim in the last 2 weeks......

I can't remember there being so many large quakes in a such a short period of time, so is there something major brewing in the area? Or is this just normal/expected from time to time?
24 April 2014, 17:54,
RE: Another Earthquake
Coincidentally I finished reading " wrinkle under the skin" last night. Anythings possible.
24 April 2014, 18:07,
I thought that was normal for the Pacific Rim?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 April 2014, 21:19,
I noticed that as well, something could be brewing there. My brother lives not a million miles away from one of the main faults running down the west coast of North America..
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
24 April 2014, 21:45,
Yes, its not so much there have been 10 earthquakes in the last 2 weeks, in fact I think that there has actually been something like 30 No. earthquakes today alone, but it is the size of the AND frequency of these larger earthquakes which is becoming noticeable and they are spread around the entire edge of the pacific rim from Australia to Mexico to Canada and these 'significant' quakes are generally in the range of category 6-7.....
24 April 2014, 23:24,
We had a period of multiple major quakes a few years ago. It was like 18 in a month or something like that.

Each quake is a release of pressure. Lots of small or even large quakes, isn't necessarily a warning sign. It can quite easily be seen as the opposite. A good sign, that pressure is being regularly released.

When it's VERY quiet, when quakes should be expected, that's when I'll be concerned.

But I could well be wrong.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin