Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Considerations for a Foot Passenger GHB.
26 April 2014, 22:37,
RE: Considerations for a Foot Passenger GHB.
I have a car yet wouldn't dream of taking it to London or Birmingham. I get the train there and then take buses or the tube. I carry a TNF tarpaulin messenger bag. I've had it for years and it's bombproof, still looks like new.

As for the contents there's food and water, a super lightweight pullover waterproof and matching trousers, valved face mask, gloves and buff. Mini 1st aid kit. I also carry a Maxpedition micro organiser that has a leatherman, led torch, pry bar, gorilla tape and glue, zip ties, pen and waterproof paper. The organiser is the result of having various bits and pieces in different pockets, bags and glovebox. It pulls everything into one place and means it can easily be swapped to whatever I'm carrying. When I leave the house now it's keys, phone and organiser.

I agree with carrying a small tablet computer too. My Nexus 7 is smaller and thinner than a single OS map yet contains 1:25000 maps of pretty much everywhere I go. It also has most of SDs file download site on it too.

I think the most important thing in the city is situational awareness and good footwear. I was in London over Easter and walked 10 miles after Sunday lunch. The amount of lemmings wandering around looking at their phones, getting run over because they were totally unaware of where they were or what they were doing was astounding.
“In the long history of humankind those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed” Charles Darwin

Messages In This Thread
Considerations for a Foot Passenger GHB. - by TOF - 25 April 2014, 17:05
RE: Considerations for a Foot Passenger GHB. - by SlyUrbanFox - 26 April 2014, 22:37