Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your own Drone made of Cardboard
4 May 2014, 07:44,
Your own Drone made of Cardboard
I came across this - build your own drone made of cardboard and a few bits and controlled by a Raspberry Pi.

Needs a bit of work doing but it might give some clues when the unwashed hordes start for your BOL.

Also thinking of my comms, could be a repeater in the sky.

.pdf   Autonomous-Cardboard-Rasberry-Pi-Controlled-Quad-3.pdf (Size: 1.25 MB / Downloads: 8)

enjoy
4 May 2014, 11:24,
RE: Your own Drone made of Cardboard
Very interesting, but looks quite complicated and will still cost a couple of hundred pounds.

I was looking at these yesterday:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/dji-phantom-fc...rone-n09dq

Again not cheap, but very useful!
4 May 2014, 11:28,
Saw a short doco today about the use of amateur (remote control) drones by both sides in Syria. Seems that someone realised they cost next to nothing and can be used to safely recce the ground before moving forwards, especially in the cities, where they are advancing one block at a time.

When I finally get my house out in the country, I'll be trying to set up some sort of remote controlled camera system out on the fence line, plus get a nifty little drone that will allow remote viewing of other areas while out in the fields.
4 May 2014, 11:30,
Not sure on the quality, but you can buy mini drones with cameras attatched & monitors in the controller for about £40-50 online. Could be very useful if it identifies a threat that could put your life in danger.