Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smooth points in your prepping?
7 May 2014, 16:40,
Smooth points in your prepping?
Okay, I've already asked about your sticking points with prepping.

What are your smooth points? Think the opposite of a sticking point.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 May 2014, 18:10,
RE: Smooth points in your prepping?
The problem with this is that even if you think you have something all sewn up, everything could change immediately depending on what type of event (and where) it happens.......

But as for me, still lots of work to do and things to learn.
7 May 2014, 18:26,
My strong points for prepping is good bushcraft, a desire to learn, knowing how I learn best, and soon...financial aptitude. Can't forget, a super protective and supportive wife.
7 May 2014, 22:37,
Our main strengths are that we have already converted our assets from expensive property in the south-east to a smaller, cheaper house plus woodland plus cash in a more remote location. The substantial reduction in living costs has allowed me to give up waged labour and concentrate fully on developing our land as a food and energy resource. A fringe benefit is that we are gradually easing ourselves into the more frugal, more labour-intensive lifestyle which is likely to become the norm as a result of a collapse or structured de-growth, so it will be less of a shock when it comes.

The other point is that we are making mistakes when it doesn't matter too much - and hopefully learning from them so we don't make them again.

As the saying goes; "Collapse now, and avoid the rush!"
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
8 May 2014, 06:52,
(7 May 2014, 22:37)Tarrel Wrote: The other point is that we are making mistakes when it doesn't matter too much - and hopefully learning from them so we don't make them again.

Possibly one of the best sentences I've read in 2014!