Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yep, it's all shot placement!
11 May 2014, 00:51, (This post was last modified: 11 May 2014, 01:20 by Mortblanc.)
Yep, it's all shot placement!
.22 lethality;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRoliPbn9ZY#t=149

JIC you do not have Peeps over there, they are marshmallow candy sprinkled with sugar.
11 May 2014, 02:25,
RE: Yep, it's all shot placement!
If I ever get charged by a horde of peeps I know what to use now!

But kidding aside,if one has knowledge of animal anatomy, can pick shorscarefully, exercising both restraint and good marksmanship, .22 LR solids are effectlive to slaughter most livestock animals, and in a pinch will serve on deer sized game or for personal defence. If a .22 is all you have, get close, shoot well, and make the most of it.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
11 May 2014, 09:01,
So, the mighty 22RF manages to penetrate 3 marshmallows. I'm not really surprised, marshmallows are light and tenacious. The round will easily pass right through a rabbit and kill another sitting behind it, which is all we need to know.

I actually doubt that HMR would do any better despite having nearly three times the muzzle energy, because it fragments so easily. HMR often doesn't exit a rabbit head or body.
11 May 2014, 16:34,
OH RIGHT!!! PEEPS!!! I thought that was about being cool and referring to friends, e.g. people, as peeps. Like how little teenagers say stuff like "I'm going out with my peeps" or I'm hanging with my peeps". That makes much more sense now!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
12 May 2014, 11:22,
(11 May 2014, 00:51)Mortblanc Wrote: .22 lethality;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRoliPbn9ZY#t=149

JIC you do not have Peeps over there, they are marshmallow candy sprinkled with sugar.
Cooor American chicks with guns, bless em
I'd like to take her up the Rockies.
12 May 2014, 18:30,
Best be careful on that deal TH, these American girls might do an Englishman some damage.

Men have gone to the Rockies and never returned.