Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Population increase in your area possible?
19 May 2014, 12:34, (This post was last modified: 19 May 2014, 12:41 by Scythe13.)
RE: [split] Population increase in your area
I was going to delete this post DEV, because I did say please answer as if it was going to happen, and you've kind of gone the other way mate haha.

However, it does make a good point that I'd like to address, so I've just split the thread.

Population of London: 8.3million people.
Population of B'ham: 1million people.
Population of M'chester: 2.5 million people

The majority of hotels and universities are located in large cities. So even if it's just 10% of hotel rooms and student accomodations are in large cities (even though the number is more like 40+%), thus would not be used, I'd say that the numbers you've quoted there DEV would account for relocating of around two thirds of Manchester's population. Take account that stadiums and the alike are also around cities too, so would not likely be used to 'disperse' the population to areas of lower density either. Considering that a huge percentage of student accomodation will be inhabited by students, I think Manchester has a student population around the 50k mark, that's a lot of other people to be moved away.

Suddenly it looks much more likely that houses will be used to move people to.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] Population increase in your area - by Scythe13 - 19 May 2014, 12:34