Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Smaller Scale Issues are you Prepping for?
22 May 2014, 11:37,
What Smaller Scale Issues are you Prepping for?
As the title says, what smaller scale issues are you prepping for?

I know there seems to be a massive pump on the WTSHTF and TEOTWAWKI style prepping.

But obviously there are the smaller scale events, like powercuts, long/harsh winters, fuel shortages, storms, unemployment, etc.

What kinds of smaller scale events are you looking out for?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
22 May 2014, 11:39,
RE: What Smaller Scale Issues are you Prepping for?
power cuts, harsh winters, food shortages, fuel strikes.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 May 2014, 12:49,
food price, some of my stored food has gone up in price by 50% in the last 2yrs / its a better mark up than banks saveings rate.
Survive the jive (youtube )
22 May 2014, 12:52,
Harsh winters - and the associated consequences of (a lack of) power/fuel/food
22 May 2014, 15:18,
Quote:some of my stored food has gone up in price by 50% in the last 2yrs / its a better mark up than banks saveings rate

Good point!

For me, power-outage, food shortage, temporary freezing of bank accounts and/or failure of ATMs, lack of road fuel (although less of an issue for us now). Also (a new one for us) - small-scale theft and security breaches (e.g. people gathering firewood in the woodland, theft of oil from the heating oil tank, etc.)
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
22 May 2014, 15:27,
as i speak, thunder and heavy rain hitting me , lights flickering .
Survive the jive (youtube )
22 May 2014, 16:17,
I see my stores as an insurance policy. I have them to see me through any sort of tough time. I plan not just for the weather, power cuts etc, but also for illness or injury, food shortages, any sort of finacial problems, be they personal or more widespread. The way I see it, all of the things I have mentioned have at one time or another affected me and therefore, could again and I am ready.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
22 May 2014, 17:26,
Throwing an old English proverb back at you;

"Take care of the pennies and the pounds will follow."

Prepping for the small intrusions on life is matter or fact. I deal with those things on a daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal basis. Fire, storm, flood, drought, blizzard, they are facts of life for me and not imaginary illusions.

I prep for the "smaller issues" as if my life depended on it, because often that is the case. Every year people die over here, in large numbers, due to ill preparations for these "smaller issues".

It dies not matter if the "Issue" is small or large, DEAD IS DEAD!

TEOTWAWKI, SHTF, WOROL are imaginary games which have happened in neither of our countries in over 1000 years and I do not expect to see Rome pulling the empires protective troops off our borders any time soon.

The person that is set up to survive a 48 hour power cut will make it through a 72 hour power cut with only a small bit of thought. The person that is set up to endure a 2 week power outage in mid-winter will be the same guy that is still around at the end of the month or well into the "end of the world" scenario.
22 May 2014, 17:47,
(22 May 2014, 17:26)Mortblanc Wrote: The person that is set up to survive a 48 hour power cut will make it through a 72 hour power cut with only a small bit of thought. The person that is set up to endure a 2 week power outage in mid-winter will be the same guy that is still around at the end of the month or well into the "end of the world" scenario.
I think your preaching to the converted!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 May 2014, 17:48,
Our six kids, their spouses, and all the grandkids showing up on our front door 3 hours after the SHTF... I'm stocking up on extra ammunition! Big Grin
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!