Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Rifle Calibre Advice
16 May 2014, 00:24,
RE: Air Rifle Calibre Advice
Do you fellows keep full power springs on hand to install in your rifles if you ever really have to shoot something, or is their possession elligal?
16 May 2014, 00:34,
Is it illegal to be in possession of a high powered spring?? Probably not, but I wouldn't want to keep it anywhere near the rifle

http://www.northdevonjournal.co.uk/North...story.html
16 May 2014, 09:28,
STEVE!!! LEGEND!!!

Nice one mate. I was worried that I was adjusting too little, so I just kept adjusting until I was frustrated and stopped with it. So basically, I need to 'under adjust' my shots with a .177 as opposed to a .22? As my wife says Kentucky Windage isn't as easy as you'd think :-(
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
16 May 2014, 12:29,
spring for my rifle to take it upto 18/20ft lb is about £40 I believe you can just buy them over the counter and I have thought about getting one to store.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
17 May 2014, 13:04, (This post was last modified: 17 May 2014, 13:06 by Midnitemo.)
just as a word of warning if your rifle is close to 12ft/lb already then you need to be aware certain all singing & dancing super slippery type pellets may take you beyond 12ft/lb meaning you are commiting the offence of illegally possessing a firearm rendering you subject to a min 5 year sentence at her majesties pleasure......if you use these whizzbang pellets I urge you to chronograph them.

have chrono ed all my regular pellets and wasp's are the closest I use at 11.92ft/lb average
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
17 May 2014, 13:07,
I had a friend who put a too powerful spring in his air rifle, after that the rifle was on a hair trigger, you barely had to touch the trigger and it would go off.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 May 2014, 22:16,
I went through this conundrum just over a year ago before splashing out on an Air Arms Pro Sport in .177 It's a springer so no air cylinder to charge, the barrel is fixed helping accuracy, and has a fully adjustable trigger should you choose to up the spring rate (PSHTF of course!) It's beautiful too......

I went for .177 over .22 for the reasons mentioned by everyone else, flatter trajectory so more tolerant of newbie range estimation. If you can't hit the quarry because of a loopy .22 trajectory the (alleged) extra killing power is lost. Result=no dinner
“In the long history of humankind those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed” Charles Darwin